Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Big Chief" 2014 OXFORD WHITE STX Build

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 09:21 PM

Received 304 Likes on 178 Posts

Default "Big Chief" 2014 OXFORD WHITE STX Build

Bought the truck toward the beginning of this year. This thread is dedicated to my truck and the process.

Sitting at Brandon Ford's spare lot

When we bought the truck

at home first thing windows tinted

painted headlights

painted emblems

TUFF spray in bedliner Brandon Ford installed

painted tow mirror caps to match

installing OE tow hooks and bottom plastic from fx4 found on craigslist for $50

installed lighted visors for both driver and passenger also added on homelink opener to driverside

Found rear power slider on Craigslist for $50
Old 12-30-2015, 09:22 PM

installing rear power slider. Also shows retractable cover - Craiglist score for 100 with keys

installed drop down LCD screen for rear. Also added rear vents which was a chore. Scored them from a local junkyard with tubing ran that under carpet removed the vents under the seats and tied in the vent under the dash.

Cut the STX tabs off from the side emblems

6" ZONE lift being installed

rear blocks

20" Gear wheels

Getting alignment

New 35" x12.5 Falken Wildpeaks

Cutting for 20" LED lightbar

Lightbar installed
Old 12-30-2015, 09:22 PM

Received 394 Likes on 361 Posts

Nice ride.
The following users liked this post:
ReactiveD (12-30-2015)
Old 12-30-2015, 09:23 PM

Taillight strip installed and new LED reverse lights

DanAustin (01-03-2016)
Old 12-30-2015, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Manuellabour247
Nice ride.

Thank you very much
Old 01-03-2016, 11:05 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Very sweet. Is that an overlay or paint on your front oval?
ReactiveD (01-05-2016)
Old 01-04-2016, 08:52 AM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Really nice looking truck, and great mods! Any chance you can elaborate on the rear vent installs? I'm looking to improve the airflow in my back seat since I have a crew cab, and hoping it'd help with defrosting the rear window since it gets cold here.
ReactiveD (01-05-2016)
Old 01-05-2016, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by CaptainAmerica
Very sweet. Is that an overlay or paint on your front oval?
the front and rear are painted. black is plasti dip and white is dupli color from advance auto

Originally Posted by vitafortis
Really nice looking truck, and great mods! Any chance you can elaborate on the rear vent installs? I'm looking to improve the airflow in my back seat since I have a crew cab, and hoping it'd help with defrosting the rear window since it gets cold here.
I went to the junk yard pulled the vent panel from a at least 2004 lariat since that will fit perfectly where the panel I remove. I also went ahead and pulled the plastic tubing just up to the dash. Unfortunately I did not take pictures because it was a chore to pull off.

But underneath the seats has the vents that y off. They are held in by 1 plastic plug. I removed them and plugged the hole under the driver side and passenger side seats.

removed the center console I believe just 4 screws and unplug the 12 volt socket. now comes the tricky part. I had to cut the carpet that was covering the cpu under the console. also under the console you will see a lip that will have to be cut off to make flat. once that is all done I removed the old tubing. The tubing I got from the junkyard where it goes over the CPU module I had to flatten almost all the way. However the sides leave enough room for air to pass.

I did a quick diagram on paint to give a idea.

I will have to remove my console to open up the plastic tubing a little more. When I do I will take whole lot of pictures.

The other tricky part is hooking up the tubing where the floor vent is just underneath the dash. I cut off the end and reused it for the new floor tubing and used AC foil tape to secure that connection. If you need help with the project let me know. Maybe we can come up with a write up that is easy to use and help out other members with family that want air in the rear of their trucks.

This is the vent cover without the vents and same color just give you a idea. Plus I painted mine plasti dip black to give it the flat look and I knew it would hold up.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-F150-FX...dV8y2m&vxp=mtr

I could not find a picture of the tubing.
Old 01-05-2016, 06:22 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ReactiveD
the front and rear are painted. black is plasti dip and white is dupli color from advance auto

I went to the junk yard pulled the vent panel from a at least 2004 lariat since that will fit perfectly where the panel I remove. I also went ahead and pulled the plastic tubing just up to the dash. Unfortunately I did not take pictures because it was a chore to pull off.

But underneath the seats has the vents that y off. They are held in by 1 plastic plug. I removed them and plugged the hole under the driver side and passenger side seats.

removed the center console I believe just 4 screws and unplug the 12 volt socket. now comes the tricky part. I had to cut the carpet that was covering the cpu under the console. also under the console you will see a lip that will have to be cut off to make flat. once that is all done I removed the old tubing. The tubing I got from the junkyard where it goes over the CPU module I had to flatten almost all the way. However the sides leave enough room for air to pass.

I did a quick diagram on paint to give a idea.

I will have to remove my console to open up the plastic tubing a little more. When I do I will take whole lot of pictures.

The other tricky part is hooking up the tubing where the floor vent is just underneath the dash. I cut off the end and reused it for the new floor tubing and used AC foil tape to secure that connection. If you need help with the project let me know. Maybe we can come up with a write up that is easy to use and help out other members with family that want air in the rear of their trucks.

This is the vent cover without the vents and same color just give you a idea. Plus I painted mine plasti dip black to give it the flat look and I knew it would hold up.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-F150-FX...dV8y2m&vxp=mtr

I could not find a picture of the tubing.
Thanks for the write up. I will have to find a junkyard that has a truck I can pull that from.
ReactiveD (01-05-2016)
Old 01-05-2016, 07:28 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks great!
ReactiveD (01-05-2016)

Quick Reply: "Big Chief" 2014 OXFORD WHITE STX Build