Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Berty's Candy Red Build Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 06:22 PM
Beer, Boats, and Trucks.

Received 603 Likes on 457 Posts

Default Berty's Candy Red Build Thread!

So it's taken me long enough to create an actual build thread, but here we go.

Bought my truck back in August of this year and have done a few things already. Learning along the way, figuring out the good and bad, the hard and easy. Not going to try to go for a certain "type" of build cause I have no idea what she's going to turn in to!

About my truck:
  • 2012 F150 Super Crew 4X4
  • V8 5.0L Coyote
  • 3.55 E-Locker
What came with the truck:
  • All stock with the exception of a Downey SST Tonneau Cover

What's been done so far:
  • Pop & Lock PL8250
  • Dee Zee Tailgate Assist
  • K&N 63 Series AirCharger High-Flow Intake
  • SCT X4 - MPT 91 Octane Performance Street
  • 2.5" Rough Country Level w/Rear Block
  • 295/60R20 Nitto Trail Grapplers
  • OPT7 Aura LED Interior Lighting Kit
  • Devries Signs Red Ford Emblem Overlays
So far I'm loving what I have. Currently I'm working on my Amber Raptor Grille LEDs. I think coming soon this year I would like a Spray-In Bed Liner, Boss Coilovers, RT or AT tires, Retrofit HID Projector Headlights.

I'll post up some pics with my phone shortly, just want to hit save before I lose everything I typed! ;D

excuse the filters, I've only got what's on Instagram

Last edited by berty; 02-08-2016 at 06:29 PM.
Old 02-05-2016, 06:04 AM

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Nice truck, very similar to my 2012. Mine has the 18" wheels but I just picked up a set of 20" takeoffs from a 2016 and I'd like to go with a larger tire at the same time. How did your 5.0/3:55 combo like the 295/60's before the tuner? Much change in power or mpg's?
Also looking forward to seeing those grille lights, mine is close to yours but has the square mesh. I want to run the amber LED's as well but haven't planned it out yet.
Old 02-05-2016, 08:28 AM
Beer, Boats, and Trucks.

I had the tune before I did anything else, and the tune over stock is a massive difference! Feels like a sports car! When I added the level and tires, I felt a little bit of lag in performance but nothing serious at all, I can still haul *** past my friends who think they have fast cars lol. MPG's didn't change for me after the tires, still the same 13city 18hwy.

Yeah most people who have this style grille have the square mesh, I don't see many like mine. The amber led kits that everybody is selling seem to not work on my grille. I was told the LEDs are 7" apart from each other which wouldn't line up on my grille (yours may be a little different) so I'm going to build my own �� i'm taking pointers from Black Thunder and his White Fang build... actually I ordered the exact little LEDs as he has.
Old 02-05-2016, 11:31 AM
Beer, Boats, and Trucks.

A little #FrontEndFriday action next to my dad's 2015 3.5EB.

Old 02-05-2016, 11:32 AM

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by berty
I had the tune before I did anything else, and the tune over stock is a massive difference! Feels like a sports car! When I added the level and tires, I felt a little bit of lag in performance but nothing serious at all, I can still haul *** past my friends who think they have fast cars lol. MPG's didn't change for me after the tires, still the same 13city 18hwy.

Yeah most people who have this style grille have the square mesh, I don't see many like mine. The amber led kits that everybody is selling seem to not work on my grille. I was told the LEDs are 7" apart from each other which wouldn't line up on my grille (yours may be a little different) so I'm going to build my own �� i'm taking pointers from Black Thunder and his White Fang build... actually I ordered the exact little LEDs as he has.
Cool man, thanks for the info. A tuner is something that's on my wish list but I've got other plans ahead of it. Looking forward to seeing your build.
Old 02-08-2016, 06:21 PM
Beer, Boats, and Trucks.

Got my amber LEDs and some wire, they definitely don't fit between my grille mesh so it's either build a custom bracket or mount just in front of the mesh... Decisions decisions...

Old 02-11-2016, 10:37 AM
Beer, Boats, and Trucks.

Wired em up, waiting for the warm to subside to install them. Haven't yet decided what to wire them up to...

(this is only being powered with 9V, will be much brighter at 12V when installed)

Old 02-18-2016, 10:19 PM
Beer, Boats, and Trucks.

Finally wired them up and installed them! Went fairly well (dropped my electrical tape and it rolled, took me 20 minutes to find it)

I'm really bad at taking pictures of light apparently, ill get some pics in the daylight tomorrow. here are the results!

Old 02-18-2016, 10:52 PM

Received 394 Likes on 361 Posts

Good looking truck. Nice job on the LED's.
The following users liked this post:
berty (02-18-2016)
Old 02-19-2016, 05:25 PM
Beer, Boats, and Trucks.

Originally Posted by Manuellabour247
Good looking truck. Nice job on the LED's.
Thanks!!

Here's a daylight pic. I'm extremely happy with how they turned out! Feel ever better that I did them myself instead of buying a kit!

Quick Reply: Berty's Candy Red Build Thread!