Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The beginning of my 07 XLT 5.4l

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 12:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The beginning of my 07 XLT 5.4l

Alright so I finally got myself a truck after pulling into my driveway next to my brothers f150 everyday. Well if Ford made a "classic Dad" version of the f150, I'm pretty sure I nailed it. Got an 07 XLT 5.4l V8 and I'm 19 so it was sort of a big purchase, but hey its all going to be worth it. Got real lucky with the price but thats completely besides the point. Now for the upgrading plans, probably in the order to be performed. p.s. Help me out with the exhaust!

-Roush CAI Kit. --Was thinking Volant but something about the roush/ford connection...
-Tonneau Cover. -- would be nice for school but oddly expensive.. too craigslist we go!
-Spray in a bed liner.
-Flowmaster Cat back Exhaust. -- This is no where near set in stone (if anyone wants to pursued me to a different system, I'm open for suggestions). Anyways, I like the style in which the tips go strait off the back. I don't know why, the tips that fall after each rear wheel just don't do it for me. I want something low and deep. That doesn't mean quiet, I just really want to avoid obnoxiously loud exhaust systems and rather get one that represents the power of the vehicle. i heard the flowmaster force II would be nice for that.. hmm..
-Towing Mirrors.
-KC hidden lights behind the grill.

Alright so its 2wd... yeah yeah I don't want to hear it, I'm on a budget here give me a break ahah. That being said I'll have to go with the 33 in tires and 19-20in rims.

-2.5in HBS Spacer
-33in tires (gotta love Nitto Terra Grappler tires)
-20in Rims. -- not a clue what I want. Many Monster F150 rims are amazing but holey $$
- Plasti-dip the front and back bumper black. Chrome's gotta go.

So that's all I have for plans as of now. Good amount for a college student but I have my budget and I'll see what I can get out of it. Any advise would be sweet or product recommendations. I'll see to posting some pictures of my truck up here when I can. Lot of salt of the roads right now so she's looking pretty dirty, but hey its a truck! Meant to get a little dirty!

Last edited by Haydenmac; 12-28-2013 at 12:39 AM.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:41 PM

Finally putting in some work today, funny how quickly how your outlook on the truck can change. Bought some parts and putting them on tonight.
-Afe CAI
-Edge Evolution Programmer
-18" Ford OEM Rims
-33" Nitto Trail Grappler tires.
-Ford Tonneau Cover

Future plans: Towing Mirrors, New sound system, PTM front and back bumpers along with grill, slight tint to the windows, ....Exhaust! oh yeah and a bug guard or what ever those things are for the front of the hood cuz the paint is bubbling

Anyways can someone help me out with an exhaust choice? looking to spend around 500, don't really want to go cheap. Dont want flowmaster, idk maybe magnaflow.. but truly looking at gibson, mbrp, or borla. Any advice/ opinions to the best one? Thanks guys.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:49 PM

The beginning of my 07 XLT 5.4l-f150-day-bought.jpg

Nice and all but screams classic dad truck. well at least cops never looked twice.. for now..
Old 01-19-2014, 02:41 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I just did a Magnaflow DI/DO cat back on my 06 and I love it.

Check my build thread.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:18 PM

I did a Borla duel cat back on mine. I have a 4.6 but it made a world of difference and looks awesome
Old 01-20-2014, 06:16 PM

Everything definitely spiced it up a bit. Needs lift tho... Like as soon as possible.. I'll post some pictures when I get the chance
Old 01-20-2014, 09:50 PM

Any one have any input on aFe exhaust? forgot to mention them but they sound real nice I think.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:31 PM

The beginning of my 07 XLT 5.4l-img_1154.jpg
The beginning of my 07 XLT 5.4l-img_1155.jpg
Old 03-21-2014, 05:20 PM

Put in some work this week due to being home for spring break.
Put 2.5 HBS spacers in the front and a couple blocks off an 06 fx4 in the back. I love the stance and shes earning herself some looks now..
Attached Thumbnails The beginning of my 07 XLT 5.4l-img_8368.jpg   The beginning of my 07 XLT 5.4l-img_3260.jpg  
Old 03-21-2014, 05:23 PM

Comparison Photo:

First picture is of the truck stock.
Second picture has the 2.5in lift in the front.
Third picture has the blocks added and 33in Nitto tires on 18in OEM lariat rims.
Attached Thumbnails The beginning of my 07 XLT 5.4l-img_9704.jpg  

Last edited by Haydenmac; 03-21-2014 at 05:27 PM.

Quick Reply: The beginning of my 07 XLT 5.4l