Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Arod's sterling grey fx4 small build thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 09:39 PM

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Arod's sterling grey fx4 small build thread

Hey guys after owning nothing but chevy trucks I finally made the move to Ford, and so far I couldn't be happier. Thanks to special discount through my employer paired with ford rebates and coming out good on my trade I picked this baby up for about $11000 off of sticker price. 2013 sterling grey fx4 with the 5.0

Already removed the nerf bars as well as front plastic valance under the front bumper, looks a lot better IMO.

Plan on tinting the front windows to match the back and do a 5% strip on the windshield Monday or Tuesday before I leave for work on Wednesday. I have already ordered a 2" leveling kit for the front, and after I return from work in two weeks I plan on installing it and ordering a set of 285/75r18 toyo at2 and putting on the stock 18's for now. After that I plan on just driving it and enjoying it. Open to suggestions for further mods.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:37 PM

Received 202 Likes on 163 Posts

Congrats Man! Personally, I've never owned a Chevy but i've heard many horror stories from people who have owned them. Been a Ford guy all of my life, probably will be for the rest of life.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:20 AM

I had a 2001 silvy that I absolutely loved. Hands down the greatest truck I ever owned, until now, but the 2011 that I had was just weak, and the interiors suck in the lt version. There were several things I liked about it, but there were also several things that I didn't like. Unless chevy steps their game up I don't think I will ever look back after driving this new ford.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:46 AM

Well this little goody was waiting on me when I got home yesterday

So I installed it last night. It was too dark to take some pics last night so I snapped a couple this morning. Alignment and hopefully tint will be done Monday.

Old 07-07-2013, 01:42 PM
SJP

Received 94 Likes on 90 Posts

Love the color!! Post some pics when you get those Toyo A/T II's put on.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:32 PM

Will do also thinking about maybe a black billet grill of some sort, but not sure. Also are there any free easy mods you guys do on these trucks I know the chevy guys debadge and demold and everything, but what are some things you guys do with ford trucks? Also is the sct tuner any good? It seems to be reasonably priced
Old 11-14-2013, 11:32 PM

Well nothing much has changed, but I figured I would update this thread a little. Only thing that has changed on the truck is I have installed a dynomax bullet muffler and dumped the exhaust over the rear axle, and I have added Moody Blue custom overlays. Here are a few newer pics

Here are a couple of the new overlays

Quick Reply: Arod's sterling grey fx4 small build thread