Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6.2 harley davidson build questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 11:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6.2 harley davidson build questions

New to the forums and to ford's just bought a 2011 harley davidson 6.2 wondering what cai and exhausts everyone is doing and what other good things to try performance wise.
Old 06-13-2016, 11:28 AM
Lonestar state of mind

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

As far as "what to try" - that's kinda a personal thing. It all depends on what you are wanting out of your truck.

For exhaust, I have a Roush catback system and for cai I am running (for now) a K&N cai

Last edited by Tex045; 06-15-2016 at 08:04 AM.
Old 06-13-2016, 11:51 AM

Received 500 Likes on 383 Posts

long tube headers, high flow catted mid and a matching cat-back with a tune and a CAI kit that eliminates the intake silencer will net ~65hp

heads/cams will add another 50 or so hp - you are limited on cam selection unless you swap out the pistons, they will hit with too much lift.

you can get right at 650hp with a Roush stage 2 (~7k) - if you have headers, etc...

the 6.2 can make a lot of power, it just won't do it cheaply.
Old 06-17-2016, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by WarSurfer
long tube headers, high flow catted mid and a matching cat-back with a tune and a CAI kit that eliminates the intake silencer will net ~65hp

heads/cams will add another 50 or so hp - you are limited on cam selection unless you swap out the pistons, they will hit with too much lift.

you can get right at 650hp with a Roush stage 2 (~7k) - if you have headers, etc...

the 6.2 can make a lot of power, it just won't do it cheaply.
Are you using a programmer or do you have somebody tune it? Mpt said they'll give me 50 hp with a cai and tune but I'm undecided on weather to do that or go with my tuner
Old 06-17-2016, 12:06 PM

Received 500 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by Favianmz
Are you using a programmer or do you have somebody tune it? Mpt said they'll give me 50 hp with a cai and tune but I'm undecided on weather to do that or go with my tuner
I don't know those guys, and I'm sure they are good dudes, but NOBODY can deliver that much power with a tune. The CAI provides almost no gain - 5hp max.

The velociraptor 475 package is full exhaust, CAI and a tune to net a 64 HP gain.

That would mean long tube headers, etc were only good for about 14hp when in fact they provide the largest gain on the 6.2.

I have an SCT with three 5* tunes. I'm not promoting what I have over anyone else. Simply stating that none of the tuners on the Raptor forum (5*, SVC, Livernois, KHC, JDM) have produced that much power essentially tune only.

If they can back it up, I'll buy a couple times from them. With full exhaust and their tune I should be over 500hp...
Old 06-17-2016, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by WarSurfer
I don't know those guys, and I'm sure they are good dudes, but NOBODY can deliver that much power with a tune. The CAI provides almost no gain - 5hp max.

The velociraptor 475 package is full exhaust, CAI and a tune to net a 64 HP gain.

That would mean long tube headers, etc were only good for about 14hp when in fact they provide the largest gain on the 6.2.

I have an SCT with three 5* tunes. I'm not promoting what I have over anyone else. Simply stating that none of the tuners on the Raptor forum (5*, SVC, Livernois, KHC, JDM) have produced that much power essentially tune only.

If they can back it up, I'll buy a couple times from them. With full exhaust and their tune I should be over 500hp...
Check them out online @ morepowertuning.com they started the ghost cam tune and they mainly do their tunes through SCT programmers that's probably the route I'm going to go just trying to find headers for a decent price

Quick Reply: 6.2 harley davidson build questions