Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 Magnetic Gray XLT build

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 03:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 2016 Magnetic Gray XLT build

I went into this purchase with grand designs of a 6" lift, 35s, blackout, yada yada... No disrespect to anyone, I think those trucks look like tough *****, but after having a talk with myself and being reminded that I'm no longer a boot stomping young man... well, my goals changed a bit. I still want a truck that is tough, albeit understated, and a little more refined. So here is my build...

Week one, completely stock...
Attached Thumbnails 2016 Magnetic Gray XLT build-image.jpeg  
Old 11-29-2016, 03:48 PM

Later that week...
I threw in a bedtred bedliner. It was a little fussy going in but I love the look and functionality.
Attached Thumbnails 2016 Magnetic Gray XLT build-image.jpg  
Old 11-29-2016, 03:50 PM

After the bedtred was in, I installed a Bizon bi-fold hard tonneau cover. Super simple to install and operate. I love the clean lines and ease of use...
Old 11-29-2016, 03:53 PM

The next day my DeeZee running boards showed up so I crawled underneath and bolted them on - simple. In my opinion, they look better than the boards I saw at the dealership and way less expensive. They are solid and very sturdy!...
Old 11-29-2016, 04:06 PM

Now for the good stuff...
After looking at all the aftermarket wheels over and over again (I even looked at some on non-Ford trucks ) I decided, along with the better half, that the six spoke OEM alloys had the best balance of sportiness but toughness and class all at the same time. After seeing these wheels at the dealership with Hankook Dynapro ATMs 275/55r20s, I decided to go for it. I wanted to go with a tad taller sidewall and was really bent on the 65series until I looked at the cost and weight. So, I stepped back down to the P rated 60series and I think they look perfect! When my wheels came in from Summit racing, I went into Discount Tire planning on purchasing the Hankooks but they showed me an AT from their Pathfinder line. It is made by Hankook and has almost the same exact tread (there are some very slight differences in the siping and a few of the block shapes) with a very similar shoulder. The price was right and the tread life was 55k so I pulled the trigger. I really like them...
Old 11-29-2016, 04:08 PM

Old 11-29-2016, 04:12 PM

Next on my list is a 1.5" AS front level. I'm also going to have the same shop custom build a dual rear exit exhaust from a flowmaster super 10 muffler with a resonator delete. I know, I know, you can't make a 6 sound like an 8, but I can make it sound better than a Toyota Camry!!! Wish me luck...
Old 11-30-2016, 10:35 AM

Received 158 Likes on 144 Posts

I like the Sport 18s I have, but love the darker Sport 20s. Wouldn't mind finding a set for mine.
Old 12-10-2016, 11:20 PM

Here is my truck after the AS 1.5" level (stock rear) and a new dual exhaust setup. I was originally planning a Flowmaster muffler, but after much research, I decided to go with a more free flowing Magnaflow muffler. I love the look of the level and the dual rear exhaust, but the jury is still out on the exhaust sound. It's not raspy or a "fart can", but it is definitely different sounding.
Attached Thumbnails 2016 Magnetic Gray XLT build-image.jpg  
Old 12-10-2016, 11:22 PM