Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 Lariat Sport FX6, 5.0L supercharged 650HP Monster

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 12:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up 2016 Lariat Sport FX6, 5.0L supercharged 650HP Monster

My lease ended on my 2013 F150 XTR ecoboost with the FX6 package. I loved the look of the truck with the 35" Mickey Thompson wheels and the 6" lift and hydraulic running boards, but hated the ecoboost engine. Sorry ecoboost fans. I tried to love it by adding mods. Even with the larger throttle body, larger down pipes and exhaust, the cold air intake and full race intercooler, HID headlights and SCT tune I still didn't like it that much. The blow off valves made it neat sounding, but I hated the sound of the truck overall. I gave it a whirl, but in the end I like the growl of a big *** V8 sound better.

So.... I traded it in for my NEW 2016 F150 Lariat Sport with a 5.0L and added a Roush stage 2 supercharger kit, all done through Ford. Then I put the FX6 package on it so I got the lift kit, hydraulic running boards, Mickey Thompsons again, but this time I blacked everything out. My last truck had a chrome grille and bumpers. This time everything is black. The Roush kit, gives me a claimed 650HP and includes the tune from Roush along with the COI and some other associated bits and pieces. Then we added a 3" dual exhaust, a Flowmaster 10 system, which sounds scary badass loud. Then I decided I liked the Raptor style grille, the one that says FORD across it. I got it on Ebay in black to match the truck paint. It comes with orange LED accent lights which match the orange headlight accent lights perfectly. Then I found an RKSport hood and ordered it and had it painted and installed. This truck is now sooooo bad ***, every construction worker stops to watch it drive by. I have people waiting in the parking lot by my truck wanting to talk to me about it. It is a very sexy beast and I'm thrilled with how it turned out.

I will post pictures soon.
Attached Thumbnails 2016 Lariat Sport FX6, 5.0L supercharged 650HP Monster-truck-1.jpg   2016 Lariat Sport FX6, 5.0L supercharged 650HP Monster-truck2.jpg   2016 Lariat Sport FX6, 5.0L supercharged 650HP Monster-truck3.jpg  

Last edited by TITANIUMJOE; 08-08-2016 at 12:39 PM.
Old 08-08-2016, 12:41 PM

Yes..... I am building a big *** garage for my badass truck to sleep in.
Old 08-08-2016, 12:52 PM

Received 334 Likes on 227 Posts

The dog in the second pic looks a little pissed. You have a new love and the dog has to play second fiddle.

Truck looks great, the garage will be awesome to keep it looking that way.
The only thing to me that stands out is the headlights. They look out of place with all the nice black paint work you have done.
Nice job on the build. I need to change my line of work so I can build a beast truck and garage for it. LOL
Old 08-08-2016, 12:56 PM

Received 394 Likes on 361 Posts

Great looking truck
Old 08-08-2016, 01:34 PM
Ambassador of Aloha

Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts

LOVE it! Such a killer looking truck. Nice wheels; XD Heist? I hope it brings you many years of joy and a couple hundred-thousand smiles per gallon! Well done, and welcome to the forum.
Old 08-10-2016, 01:29 PM

Received 106 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by dannytexas
The dog in the second pic looks a little pissed. You have a new love and the dog has to play second fiddle.

The only thing to me that stands out is the headlights. They look out of place with all the nice black paint work you have done.
Nice job on the build. I need to change my line of work so I can build a beast truck and garage for it. LOL
I agree. The headlights stand out to me as well. A black retro would look and perform great. Of course that is just nit picking bc that is one BA truck man.
Old 08-10-2016, 01:52 PM

Received 645 Likes on 352 Posts

Truck looks awesome, Great build. Im sure that supercharger + the 5.0 put a big grin on your face. Only thing I'd change is the flowmaster 10 to something with a little less booming/droning tone. Sweet ride TITANIUMJOE
Old 08-12-2016, 11:51 AM

Default LOL

Originally Posted by dannytexas

LOL... Yeah my dog looks pissed because she is old and bitter, since we have 2 younger labs that always try to play with her . She is just grumpy.

I thought about blacking out the headlights somehow. Maybe next year. I've blown my budget already this year between the truck and garage.
Old 08-12-2016, 12:15 PM

Default LRG

Originally Posted by SURF150
LOVE it! Such a killer looking truck. Nice wheels; XD Heist? I hope it brings you many years of joy and a couple hundred-thousand smiles per gallon! Well done, and welcome to the forum.
Thanks... My rims are LRG brand, stands for "Large Rim Group"
Old 08-12-2016, 12:27 PM

Default Flowmaster 10

Originally Posted by Johnny_bravo00
Truck looks awesome, Great build. Im sure that supercharger + the 5.0 put a big grin on your face. Only thing I'd change is the flowmaster 10 to something with a little less booming/droning tone. Sweet ride TITANIUMJOE
Yeah.... I'm torn on the exhaust. Sometimes I love it, like when I pass someone on the highway or if I'm just driving slowly around town. I don't like it when I am driving in between building early in the morning, waking everyone up. I don't like it when I am driving near a cop and wondering if I'm going to be pulled over for excessively loud exhaust noise. I spoke to another guy who has the Flowmaster 40 system and he said he chose it because the Flowmaster 10 was too loud. He suggested that if I get sick of the 10 that I could just swap the mufflers, rather than the entire system. So that's my plan.

I have had construction workers on my street ask what exhaust I have because it sounds so awesome. I nearly put a jogger in the ditch one day when I got on the throttle hard. I have had old people in the car next to me scowl at the disruptive noise, LOL. I get mixed opinions. So for now I'm happy, but I have also trained my accelerator foot to be aware of these type of situations.

Quick Reply: 2016 Lariat Sport FX6, 5.0L supercharged 650HP Monster