Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 XL Build Up

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 09:08 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default 2015 XL Build Up

Hey all, so I've had my 2015 XL SCrew for just over a week and a half now! Love this truck! It's almost completely base model, but it's got so much potential! I plan on posting all of the progress I make on the upgrades on here and since I can't seem to find a lot of the "how 2 guides" for some of these, I plan on including them as well.

Upgrades incoming:
  • Window Tint - Done
  • Jump Seat to Center Shift Console Swap - Console Ordered off eBay
  • Hood graphics
  • Running Boards
  • Leveling Kit
  • New wheels, maybe tires
  • Spray in bed liner
  • 52" curved light bar
  • Custom Built Pre Runner Bumper (big maybe )
  • Rearview Backup Camera
  • Oh yeah stubby antenna

I'm sure there will be others that come up along the way, this is just what I have compiled in the last 10 days!

Photos of the progress thus far coming tomorrow.
The following users liked this post:
Firstownerf150 (09-24-2015)
Old 07-22-2015, 01:38 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Grats on your new truck and wish you lots of fun and safe trips!

So far sounds like a very interesting build and am looking forward to seeing the progress!

Do you have any pictures of when you picked her up? Would love to see some before, during and after pictures
Old 07-24-2015, 09:20 AM

Thanks! Yeah I'm really pumped about getting the truck. It's a beast! Sorry for the delay in photos, here are the ones that the dealer took to show the truck online, I'm planning on taking some more photos this weekend, in action as I have 3 of my upgrades coming in today! Work on the Truck weekend!

Check out the sweet Vinyl! Not many people get to feel the glorious vinyl on their bums every day!

Check out those rims!

Old 07-24-2015, 09:44 AM

Here is my Photoshop rendering of the planned exterior updates for this weekend.

OEM Running Boards & Painted Headlight Moulding

And maybe plastidip hood graphics.
Old 07-24-2015, 10:12 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by geoffburns
Here is my Photoshop rendering of the planned exterior updates for this weekend.

OEM Running Boards & Painted Headlight Moulding

And maybe plastidip hood graphics.
Just that update alone makes a huge appearance change! Deffo one incredible looking Truck and i can see you heading in the right direction!!!

Myself with my Truck took the bare bone option because its the perfect canvas to go all out wild on it and ultimately end up with a very unique Truck that is different all around.

Great choice and direction, really looking forward to the weekend updates
Old 07-24-2015, 11:07 AM

Thanks so much! I appreciate it. Yeah I was pretty bummed that I couldn't get the XLT sport, but just didn't want a payment that high, and then I realized that I could buy all the parts and make it the truck I wanted to, so I got very excited.

Oh I also forgot to mention that my center console is arriving today as well, so it should be a very busy weekend!
Old 07-25-2015, 04:33 PM

Headlight moulding installed! I also took some photos to show the process...all in all pretty easy, I spent more time looking for a driver for the socket to take off the screws than it took to actually remove the moulding. Oh also, getting one of those clip tools was a HUGE lifesaver! Got one for $10 at Autozone...highly recommend it!

Here is the full write up of how to remove the moulding for anyone else that needs to know.

Note when take it off and putting back on, it needs to slide toward the outside to clear the tabs in the back, and then reverse for putting it back on.

Note that all of these clips don't need to be removed by hand, I squeezed together the top one that you can see after your remove the panel clip, and then I was able to just use my hands and pop the panel out, super easy.

And here is all wrapped up and done! What a transformation for such a small part!
Old 07-25-2015, 04:34 PM

Halfway through the console swap, will post some photos when I am recovered from almost heat stroke...too dang hot down here to do this today!
Old 07-25-2015, 04:50 PM

Received 108 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by geoffburns
Halfway through the console swap, will post some photos when I am recovered from almost heat stroke...too dang hot down here to do this today!
X2 on the houston heat truck looks good man glad its coming along
The following users liked this post:
geoffburns (07-25-2015)
Old 07-25-2015, 10:30 PM

Thanks man! Spent most of today installing the console...realized halfway through that I needed a floor jack to connect the shifter linkage to the transmission...you can totally see it from under the hood, but too far to reach...so I tucked in the cables for now, also found out that I had to swap out the link connectors for the ones I already had as I don't have the cables for the console ones...think if I ever find a nav head unit, I'll be able to connect them but for now, no biggie. Just have to bolt back in the drivers seat and I'm all set with a brand new center console. It's definitely been a busy day! Going to finish up in the morning and I'll post some photos.

Quick Reply: 2015 XL Build Up