Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 Ingot Silver EB

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 03:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2013 Ingot Silver EB

Not sure how much of a build thread this is going to be but I like doing these threads to keep track of my progress and possibly help anyone out that might be looking for info on similar stuff.

The truck is a 2013 XLT with the 3.5 EcoBoost. After bouncing back and forth between my 266k mile Tahoe and daily driver I decided I wanted to get down to one nice vehicle that I could use for work, hunting, towing my sxs/boat, and everyday duty. I found this truck last August with 22k miles, it was super clean, had most of the options I wanted, loved the color and wanted to play around with a turbo motor. Picked it up for a decent price and have been enjoying it ever since.

The truck came with tinted windows but no floormats. The first stop after the dealership was to pickup a set of WeatherTech black floormats. I had them in my Tahoe and a firm believer in them. I also purchased a Full Race catch can but haven't gotten around to installing it.

That should do it for this post other than a few pics.

The day I picked it up

Pulling the Teryx for the first time

Pic I took coming out of the woods during deer season.
Old 02-02-2017, 04:00 PM

After driving it for a few months and noticing there's like 9,000,000 Ingot Silver F150s in town I feel its time to do a few things to set mine off.

Last weekend I installed a Recon LED Smoked Third Brake Light. Nothing huge but I think it looks 10x better. Install was pretty straightforward. I cut the wires from the old bulbs, soldered to the new light, painted the screws black and used RTV sealant to re-install. In retrospect I wish I would have gone to the store to get ANY color of RTV sealant other than the red I had in the tool box. It doesn't look bad but I'm picky. I see re-doing that in the near future.

I also added a Gator EVO bedcover a few months ago. I wanted a hard cover but wasn't really into spending close to a grand for one. A buddy found these online and bought one for his Tundra. After seeing it I liked it enough to order one for myself. Its not perfect but for almost half-priced its a great cover!

Old 02-02-2017, 04:13 PM

And now we are to my dilemma. Once the weather breaks I'm going to raise the truck and get new tires/wheels. I've actually been researching combos for months and just about made up my mind. I've gone everywhere from a basic level and a more aggressive tire on stock wheels to a 6" lift and 35s/37s. Last week I was all about a 4" lift and 34s/35s but I don't think I'm ready for that.

Around Christmas I bought a Zone 2" Level Kit that I've decided to go ahead use for now. I do know I'm going with 20" Hostile Gauntlets and Nitto Ridge Grapplers. My current dilemma is do I go with a 9" +10 offset or 10" -19. I like the dish of the 10s a lot better but most leveled trucks that I really like are running 9s.

I'm also debating on 295/60/20s and 35/11.50/20s for tires. There a newer truck in another thread running the 35/11.50s on a 20x9 and leveled. I really like that look. But then again I really like the Gauntlet with a deeper dish. The 295/60 measures right at 34" which probably works a little better with my 3.31 gear but the 35/11.50 actually weighs over 2lbs less per tire than the 295. That ought to help a little on gas mileage. Plus I like the 3/4" extra height. Decisions, decisions.

I will also be doing a 5* tune at the same time to correct the speedo, gain power and hopefully better mileage.

Here's the 20x10 next to my truck

Old 02-07-2017, 12:42 PM

Received 497 Likes on 349 Posts

Super nice truck. How do you like the bed cover? Im contemplating ditching my toolbox for a bed cover since I just got a new job. I'm going to be living in a hotel for 3 months... I'm looking for one that is secure and really doesn't leak.
Old 02-07-2017, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definitely go with the Nito Ridge Grapplers. Not very many people are currently running them, and they look awesome. Real aggressive sidewall while the tread itself is similar to all-terrain. I just got mine delivered and I don't regret the decision at all.

The wheel/tire combo on you truck will look awesome!
Old 02-07-2017, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by andrewdod
Super nice truck. How do you like the bed cover? Im contemplating ditching my toolbox for a bed cover since I just got a new job. I'm going to be living in a hotel for 3 months... I'm looking for one that is secure and really doesn't leak.
Thank you. I like the bed cover more than I ever thought I would. I've owned trucks all my life and never had one. Now I don't know how I lived without one. lol Its nice I can lock stuff in or keep dry and not in the cab with me. This one leaks a little around the back but its not bad for me. Its much better than not having one. I expect the more expensive ones are more waterproof but I couldn't justify $800-900 for one.

Originally Posted by Akozak11
Definitely go with the Nito Ridge Grapplers. Not very many people are currently running them, and they look awesome. Real aggressive sidewall while the tread itself is similar to all-terrain. I just got mine delivered and I don't regret the decision at all.

The wheel/tire combo on you truck will look awesome!
That's the one thing I never changed my mind on. I saw them at a few shows over the summer and knew that's what I wanted. I'm pretty sure I'm going with the 20x9s and 295/60s as that's a tried and true combo. I'm giving myself one more week and if I don't change my mind I will be ordering the tires and wheels.

5* is having a sale that lasts until close to the end of the month. Once my order is placed on tires (so I can't change my mind) I will be ordering the tune.
Old 02-14-2017, 02:58 PM

Well as luck would have it, I went to order my wheels Friday and they are on an extended backorder. Found one set available (at a premium of course) online but I may just wait it out and buy from my local dealer. It's not like I have to have tires/wheels right now. I certainly want them right now however.

A couple more small improvements:

FX4/Raptor Tails. I'm not a huge fan of my factory ones and couldn't bring myself to spend $400 on some smoked LED tails so I figured this was a good compromise. Worthwhile upgrade for OEM and $120 shipped to my door.

Stubby Antenna

I wanted something shorter than the factory whip and this lives up to its name. I'm not sure if I like it but definitely don't like stock. I listen to Sirius all the time but I did try out the radio this morning and reception isn't nearly as good. It'll stay until I find a better solution.