Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 FX2 Build

Old 07-27-2014, 03:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 FX2 Build

Well after having my truck for a little more than a year I decided that I've done enough to start a little build thread. Picked up a 2013 FX2 5.0 crew cab in sterling gray with the 3.55 electronic locking rear in May of 2013.

From the night I got her....

First I threw in some little accent interior lighting

Then I picked up a set of LED cubes for the front bumper

Of course my OCD self couldn't deal with the headlights not matching the color of the LEDs so I threw in some 6K HIDs

and next to my Dads stock heads...

Also had a LineX installed

Did all of this in the first few months of having the truck and then haven't done much for a while. Just ordered a 2 inch Zone leveling kit and some 277/70R18 Nitto Terra Grappler (33s) this week so hopefully have those on in the next week. I'll be sure to have some pictures up later.

And thats all for right now!

Hopefully gonna do some wheels a little later on and maybe some exhaust or intake or whatever little things I can think of!
Old 07-27-2014, 01:42 PM

Nice ride. Are the 6K headlights you mentioned just bulbs or full replacement units? What kind are they and are you happy with them?
Old 07-28-2014, 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by Thestronk
Nice ride. Are the 6K headlights you mentioned just bulbs or full replacement units? What kind are they and are you happy with them?
Not exactly sure on the brand... I had a local shop put those in but they are the full replacement unit. And I absolutely love them! Crazy bright.
Old 07-30-2014, 01:17 AM

Just got my 2 inch Zone level installed and my 275/70R18 Nitto Terra Grapplers mounted up today and I love the way that it turned out.

Before

After

Also painted my emblems and exhaust tip this weekend

Old 08-27-2014, 10:39 PM

Got a better pic the other weekend at the deer camp. Also added a 20 inch TruxTech light bar and moved my cubes to the fog light housing and wired them to the stock foglight ****.

Old 11-13-2014, 01:59 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Nice ride! Are you in the woodlands? I recognize some of the parking lot pics. If so, who installed your leveling kit? I have a 2011 fx2 I just picked up used and want to level the front. I'm thinking the same tire size as well. Any issues or thought after having them on for awhile?
Old 11-13-2014, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by SNACKATTACKER
Nice ride! Are you in the woodlands? I recognize some of the parking lot pics. If so, who installed your leveling kit? I have a 2011 fx2 I just picked up used and want to level the front. I'm thinking the same tire size as well. Any issues or thought after having them on for awhile?
Yeah I go to school in Lubbock but I'm home in The Woodlands for the summers and that's where the pics are from. Imagi-motive off of 1488 (http://imagimotive.com) did the level, tires, and alignment for me. I wanted to get tires from discount tire because they were cheaper but I found out most bigger chain tire shops won't put the oversized tire on a stock wheel. They say you need to buy their wheels to go along with it... Just their way of making more money. Imagi-motive just about matched the discount tire price and I was out the door with everything done for what I though was a pretty good deal, definitely check them out.

As far as the tires go I have loved them. Not to loud on the highway but you'll notice them. The ride is still just about stock and you'll take a little bit of a hit on the gas mileage. But the tires have been awesome off-road. I've been using them on some pretty messy county roads up here and they've handled the mud really well. They've definitely done everything I've needed them to do for a two wheel drive.

Hope this helps you out.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2013 FX2 Build