Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 transmission

Old 02-02-2013, 01:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2012 transmission

I have a 2012 f-150 5.0 with 12,000 miles. I have had problems with transmission getting stuck in 1st gear, rpms scream to 3000, 3500, sometimes it jumps from 1st to 5th, then back to 2nd, and repeating this pattern. The only thing I can do to get it to shift right is to turn engine off and restart. This usually works. This has happened about 10-15 times. I've taken it to 2 Ford dealerships under warranty and they both "reprogrammed" the transmission computer with updates. This has not resolved the problem and a flight recorder also failed to record any usable data. Ford is refusing to do anything until the problem can be duplicated, so I'm stuck driving a unreliable truck, sometimes pulling a horse trailer out into traffic and the thing getting stuck in 1st gear. Can't get out of the way like that!!! Had to reverse and back off the road once. What the heck. Anybody out there having this problem and did you find anyone to attempt a repair?
Thanks
Old 02-02-2013, 01:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Time to start threatening "Lemon"

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2012 transmission