Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 ford f150 paint concerns

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 05:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2011 ford f150 paint concerns

I purchased a new black Ford F150 Super crew in September of this year. The first time I decided to wash the truck I found many paint problems with the truck. The concerns ranged from very little paint on the outside of the A Pillars around the windshield into the top of the roof to the back of the cab and the front of the bed had very little or dry paint with Eco Primer showing. Also the top of the four interior doors were very light on paint along with missing paint on the bottom of all the four doors and the inside rocker panels were the same way. The exterior of the entire truck is lightly sprayed in areas and heavy in other areas. The tailgate has dry and wet areas very bad through the entire paint process. In closing the over all finish is wavy with peel it is shiny but lacks uniformity no depth to the paint very fuzzy. I would like to know if anyone else has paint problems with their F150 and what did they do to correct it by contacting the dealer or Ford and what did they do.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I remember reading something about Ford running out of Black paint this year or running low... Wonder if this is the effects of poor supply. I assume your truck is under warranty, you should bring it back to the dealership and get an explanation from them.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RED_08_FX4
I remember reading something about Ford running out of Black paint this year or running low... Wonder if this is the effects of poor supply. I assume your truck is under warranty, you should bring it back to the dealership and get an explanation from them.
It's not from low supply. They stopped offering the tuxedo black paint when supplies were low.

My guess, lemon paint job. Take it to the dealer.

Quick Reply: 2011 ford f150 paint concerns