Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1992 F150 ongoing project

Old 10-09-2013, 04:10 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 1992 F150 ongoing project

Hi All!

Last summer I bought a '92 F150 5.0 auto trans, it is in okay condition, but needs to improve a lot for me to be comfortable in. Somehow here in the Netherlands, every US truck you buy is a beater. Poorly maintained and ridden with odd buttons.

The day I brought it home

A few shots of the interior. Dash inserts are missing, ash tray is missing, glovebox wouldn't stay shut and it was an all around pigsty.

One of the odd buttons. This switch was wired to engage the windshield spray nozzle, even though the one on the multifunction switch works just fine... I found some more switches just behind the headlight bulbs, have no clue what they do yet.

It needed a transmission flush bad. The fluid was near brown, now it's nice and red again and shifts smoothly!

Whilst waiting for some new tires (apparently, all the old tires burst the second they tried to get them off the rims.) I had time to inspect the brake rotors, seems like they would like some attention

Never knew new tires could make such a difference in handling...

So, up until now I had to change the TPS, made some wooden inserts for the dash, covered in plasti-dip, fixed the glove compartment lock (replaced the spring with a ballpoint-pen spring, works like a charm!) washed the bench-seat upholstery and cleaned out enough dirt from the cab to fill about half the trunk.

Last week I noticed my waterpump was squirting water all over the place so I ordered a new waterpump and timing chain. Not sure yet if I'll install the timing chain or save it for later, but at least I have the option now.

I have a rather large shipment of parts coming in by boat next week. Amongst others all new headlight assemblies, tail light assemblies, shocks, ash tray, brake rotors, pads, bearings, brake shoes for the rear, weatherstripping and a bunch of other stuff.

It'll take a while before everything is installed, but I'll keep y'all updated with pictures every chance I get
Another part that will require a lot of attention is the paint. it's down to the metal on a lot of spots, but with little to no rust just yet. I hope to address this within a year or so
Old 10-10-2013, 11:21 AM
Lexington, NC is home

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice progress, keep up the good work.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1992 F150 ongoing project