Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1990 ford F150 lariette project mud truck. Looking for some tips in the build

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 07:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1990 ford F150 lariette project mud truck. Looking for some tips in the build

I have i 1990 lariette that i bought fir a project . I have put alot of work into it so far as far as restoring the frame and doing the body work and added a xtra 3 inches in lift . Its lift 9 inches in total on 35s but the 302 motor thats in it has about had it im looking i pull the 351 windsor that i have outa my oarts truck which is a 87 from what I can tell.. and tear it down . My idea so far is after I make sure that compression and all is good which j think it is . After I make sure all is good externally and make sure it has all new gaskets and seals and so on to swap the cam and I'm buying a set of roush sr 200 heads .. That were originally intended for a 302 but will bolt in and they are a really good performance head and still a bit bigger then the 351 . Anyone know if they Are a good head for a 351 and what would be my best option for a cam that's not to pricy and not gonna cost me a arm and a leg ? After all is done from there I want to put a 4 barrel intake and carburetor on it and run electric fans . Then I wanna gear it and upsize to 38s for tires . Anyone have any pointers or ideas ? I'm not a Ford guy but I have to much work into it to turn back and I think I can make it work pretty good with just those few things

Quick Reply: 1990 ford F150 lariette project mud truck. Looking for some tips in the build