Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

12v Toggle Switch Build?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 12:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12v Toggle Switch Build?

After many a day spent browsing the forums and following some of your guys' builds I've finally decided to start a thread of my own. So...here's the deal.

Last week I pulled the captain seats and consoles out of a 2000 Expy and got them fitted in my 2000 Lariat. When I went through the checkout at the junkyard, I had to rip out the AC controls that were installed in the console to avoid paying the ridiculous $30 per control (console was only $15, they wanted $30 per control). Now I'm left with these nice holes in the front and back of the console, which is when I came up with a brilliant (or so I think) idea.

Has anyone installed 12v auxiliary switches based off of a 12v splitter switch? Something similar to what the Raptors have, but for broke people such as I who cannot afford a Raptor.

I ordered a 12" x 12" piece of plain dash kit plastic, and will soon be ordering the switches for this build, but I would like to know if anyone has done anything similar.

Cheers!
-D

Quick Reply: 12v Toggle Switch Build?