06redlongbeds build Thread. - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Ford F150 Forums > Members Builds

06redlongbeds build Thread.

Old 01-12-2015, 02:53 PM   #1

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default 06redlongbeds build Thread.

Hey all,

New member here with a new to me workhorse. I'll use this thread is my build thread and be looking for input from others left and right I'm sure.

Mods so far:
Moved my stereo over from my old 2007 Ranger and installed Sirius/Xm antenna.
Instead of blacking out faded Ford ovals I found a badass Amazon replacement. (Pic below)
She goes in for a Line X spray wednesday.. With my fantasy football winning, So I have to thank Demarco Murray for that one.

Heres my couple shots I got so far. She is dirty from landfill, rain and snow the last few weeks. She needs a bath.

06redlongbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Join F150 Forum

Join F150Forum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford F150 fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford F150 Fans to meet online.
Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Ford F150 fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your F150 you'll find that F150Forum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join F150Forum.com Today! - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

-->
Old 01-12-2015, 03:05 PM   #2

I want to replace my headlights like I did with my Ranger. I scored these black ones for $100 bucks online. I like the factory style with black housing over the halo ones that you cant see well with. Also I loved how my taillight tint worked out but it warped my housings after a year.

And here is why I needed to upsize without a doubt hahaha.

Overall the F150 was a huge upgrade and I will be glad to add some touches to it.
Old 01-15-2015, 11:44 AM   #3

Line-X is all done. I went with premium UV resistant. With the sun out here in the Phoenix area it would be gray real quick otherwise. I think everything turned out great. For $550 it better hold up as well as everyone says it does though.

Old 05-13-2015, 01:31 PM   #4

Got my trailer brake controller installed!

Big thanks to Lewis Hitches in Chandler, AZ. I will be bringing in those OEM sidesteps a have off a 2005 crew cab. See if they can make them work.

Old 08-17-2015, 05:02 PM   #5

She now sits with 95,000 miles making that about 40K hard miles since the 1st post. I few months ago I got some body damage to the driver door rocker panel (went to back into a tight spot and didn't see a 2 ft high decorative wall, totally my bad). I hired a guy who came right out to my site and paid him cash without looking at the thing (Was busy running the job). Guy did rough work with a paint that was a darker shape of red and proceeded to turn itself blackish and ugly.

My plan was to have the rocker panels Line-X'ed on both sides to not only cover ugliness, but give my truck a pretty sick 2 tone black and red contrast as well. Unfortunately, I don't have nearly as much disposable income in the summer here as the $400+ electric bills kick my butt this time of year.

I'm trying the Plastidip route. Here's layers 1 and 2 so far. Also in retrospect working in the shop in 112 degree heat is less fun than coming up with a grand for Line X.
If it holds up well than great. If not it is a reasonable temporary pretty cool solution for now as I'm tired of seeing the door blemish.
I don't care how many layers it takes, the plan is to apply in very very light pass overs. I have 8 cans total so maybe 4 for each side.