Topic Sponsor
Purchase Experience Forum for members to post about their purchase experiences from different vendors and members.

Tasca Ford Refund Troubles

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 03:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tasca Ford Refund Troubles

I purchased a 2011 fx4 luxury screw f150 with the Max tow package. I liked everything about it except the large tow mirrors. I found little information on the net regarding replacing the max tow mirrors with the normal powerfold mirrors but decided to try it anyway.

That said, I contacted tasca parts for a price on a set of 2011 powerfold mirrors. The price was quoted as 907 dollars plus 60 dollars for shipping. As I had found little confirmation that this would work I wanted to make sure that if I was unable to make the power fold option work, I would be able to return them.

--------------
Thanks Josh,
I figure I will at least try it out.

To verify one last time, if I can't get them to work, I can return them, but eat shipping cost both ways?

Thanks
B

-------------

Yes, you are correct.
thank you, 
Joshua Laliberte
Tasca Automotive Group
----------------

I went ahead and ordered the mirrors and the necessary power fold mirror switch. Neither I nor my dealer were able to make the power fold option work so I went ahead with the return.

I shipped the mirrors back on June 6th, and they arrived and were signed for at tasca parts on June 13th. After waiting 5 days an not seeing my 900 dollars returned, I contacted josh and he said it may take a few days. So I waited. It has now been over ten business days since my mirrors were received at tasca and I have still not seen my refund. My last contact with them, June 24, says that the refund should have been processed and show up in my account, yet it does not.

Again, on the 28th, he says it should be done and that he will get back to me by the end of the day. Yet still I don't have my money back and I have had no contact from anyone.

As it sits now, its been two and a half weeks since they got their mirrors back. I now have no mirrors, and am missing 900 dollars.

I have opened a dispute with paypal for the charges. Josh has not responded to my recent emails about the status of my refund, nor have they responded to the dispute through the paypal resolution center.

All I want back is the agreed upon amount of $907.

It is my hope that maybe this thread will at least generate some action on their part to get this matter resolved.

Brian
Old 06-29-2011, 03:19 PM
lost my Car again...

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

WOW guess where i'm never buying from tasca parts. there was a guy working at tasca i believe put up a video showing how to remove stuck bolts he was not the brightest led in the tv he basically just put a stick in the back of the socket then dropped it on the floor making the bolt shoot out across the garage Paypal will get your money back for sure it may take them a while to sift thru all the paper work as for tasca call up the better business bureau and share your thoughts with them
Old 06-30-2011, 09:51 AM
F150 Forum

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts

Brian, I am sorry this has happened and I assure you that your refund will be in your account by tomorrow morning. If I could do the refund myself I would but I don't have the permissions to do it.

Again, I am sorry for the delay and assure you that your refund will be in your account by the morning.

thanks,
Joshua
Old 07-01-2011, 12:48 PM

I still am not seeing any sign of a refund in my Paypal account. I understand it can take some time for a company to process returns, but I think that 3 weeks is pretty ridiculous. All that needs to happen is that someone needs to actually log into the paypal account and go to the resolution center to resolve this and issue my refund. I cannot understand why this has become so difficult.

Brian
Old 07-05-2011, 12:35 AM

If you paid by credit card using paypal it sometimes takes like 30 days before you see a full refund in your account, but there shoudl at least be a refund pending from tasca in your paypal account. Just contact paypal and they should be able to assist you.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by lx4life
If you paid by credit card using paypal it sometimes takes like 30 days before you see a full refund in your account, but there shoudl at least be a refund pending from tasca in your paypal account. Just contact paypal and they should be able to assist you.
It was not simply a case of it taking 30 days for the refund to post. The reason I could find no refund was that it had never been issued. Also, in my original post I noted that I had already contacted paypal.

I did eventually get my refund. It took 3 weeks, many emails, and some instant messaging to finally get it done. When it finally was about to go through, I was told that the manager had just now gone to inspect the returned items. Yet I was told 3 times that the refund should have already gone through, and he is just inspecting them now?

That said, Buying parts through Josh at Tasca went fine. He was responsive to my initial inquiries on prices of items and they shipped quickly.

However, the refund/returns system there needs some SERIOUS improvements. 3 weeks for something like this is pretty unacceptable and I as the customer had basically no idea what was going on during those 3 weeks and in fact was told the refund had already been processed.

I am sure many others have had better experiences with TASCA, In reality my buying experience was fine. Still I doubt I will make any future purchases from TASCA as I need some assurance from my online vendors that if something goes wrong, or there is a damaged item, I have some acceptable means of recourse and resolution.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:33 AM
Mark

Received 2,417 Likes on 2,118 Posts

Try getting money back from Dell....took me 60 days and charged me a re-stocking fee...i was pissed and will never buy from Dell ever again.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:41 PM
Formerly "ZCHPRO"

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by techrep
Try getting money back from Dell....took me 60 days and charged me a re-stocking fee...i was pissed and will never buy from Dell ever again.
ditto on them taking forever. they said a week to build the computer but it was shipped the day after the order was put in. as a customer you're allowed to negate or reverse transactions in 48 hours or something like that.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:01 PM

I had nothing but a good transaction with tasca....

he said your money will be refunded.... be patient
its... not like your NOT going to get your money... Most online stores would not agree to what he agreed to...
Old 07-18-2011, 07:20 PM
Architect

Received 117 Likes on 65 Posts

One of the drawbacks of Paypal... if it was a direct credit card purchase, I'd have it reversed in 15-minutes.

Quick Reply: Tasca Ford Refund Troubles