Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Late Model F150s > How-to Section > Electrical, Lights and Audio
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-24-2012, 11:32 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
twittyaustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Palm coast, FL
Posts: 834
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Hid kit

looking at some on ebay. in the range of 30-50$ i dong have fogs. so ill only need the head lights. im not sure witch one i want to get of that will work, if anymore has any imput. plz help. thanks.
__________________
If only people knew how to search...
twittyaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:11 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
08screwCA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 800
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Thanked 49 Times in 48 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Ddmtuning.com had mine for 6 months no problems 120$ shipped to canada heads/fogs
08screwCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:10 PM   #3
2010 BMW 328i
 
Fuugz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Shakopee, MN
Posts: 2,606
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 69 Times in 64 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twittyaustin View Post
looking at some on ebay. in the range of 30-50$ i dong have fogs. so ill only need the head lights. im not sure witch one i want to get of that will work, if anymore has any imput. plz help. thanks.
Don't go with eBay special HID's. It seems like a good idea at the time, but they really suck. Whenever I turn on my truck, they don't even turn on sometimes and I have to continuously turn my lights on and off to get them on even. I'm planning on getting some DDM Tuning HIDs for my heads and fogs in the next couple weeks or so.
Fuugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:12 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
twittyaustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Palm coast, FL
Posts: 834
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuugz

Don't go with eBay special HID's. It seems like a good idea at the time, but they really suck. Whenever I turn on my truck, they don't even turn on sometimes and I have to continuously turn my lights on and off to get them on even. I'm planning on getting some DDM Tuning HIDs for my heads and fogs in the next couple weeks or so.
But what makes them so bad. One i was looking at had a 2 year warranty
__________________
If only people knew how to search...
twittyaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:23 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 121
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

TRS, the retrofit source, best place to buy, if you can do conversion yourself. There is a guy on the forum you can buy from.

don't go PNP.
b316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:25 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
08screwCA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 800
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Thanked 49 Times in 48 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twittyaustin

But what makes them so bad. One i was looking at had a 2 year warranty
There hit and miss i had an ebay special that lasted a while but ddmtuning you will deal with somebody in the us who speaks english if you need warranty (lifetime) ebay apecial your calling china lol
08screwCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:27 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
twittyaustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Palm coast, FL
Posts: 834
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08screwCA

There hit and miss i had an ebay special that lasted a while but ddmtuning you will deal with somebody in the us who speaks english if you need warranty (lifetime) ebay apecial your calling china lol
Ill post a link
__________________
If only people knew how to search...
twittyaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:17 PM   #8
F150 Jr Vendor

 
nickpatton_189's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,110
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Thanked 77 Times in 76 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Default

I went with vvme and have had them for a year already and still going strong
nickpatton_189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:41 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 218
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Theretrofitsource.com

Only way to go.
__________________
-Brent

Ford, Rancho, MHT Fuel, Toyo, Roush, Magnaflow, Dynamax, Pioneer, Alpine, JL, Raamat, PHP, AFE.
Lifted5.4Lariat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:51 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Mendota, Il or Minooka, Il
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08screwCA View Post
Ddmtuning.com had mine for 6 months no problems 120$ shipped to canada heads/fogs
Yeah I went with DDM Tuning for my truck their 55w 8k's. Id recommend them for anybody. Heres a picture of them. I know the second picture isn't very good but it kinda shows how they are down the road.

Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
JINKO6.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:51 PM
 
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Join F150 Forum

 

The Mustang Source
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:48 AM.


Copyright 2006 - 20011 F150forum.com
This site is in no way affiliated with the Ford Motor Company.