Flat Head Screwdriver
T-20 Hex
2 Pairs of hands

Step 1:
Remove the four(4) 10mm screws attached to the hood

Step 2:
Remove the six(6) 10mm screws up top on the lip of the hood

Step 3:
Remove four(4) T-20 screws holding the brackets to the grille. There will be two on each side. (The instruction manual Roush sent me showed there to be tape along the top of the grille. Mine had no tape)

Step 4:
Using the flat head screwdriver, unhook the 13 tabs on the chrome/color surround that are holding it to the grille. This is where I suggest using two sets of hands. By far the longest part of this whole uninstall. Take your time because the tabs break easily.

Step 5:
Remove the Ford emblem using the 10mm wrench. Do NOT force the emblem out by pushing it from the backside. This is another step that I would suggest using a second pair of hands. The tabs that are pushed up against emblem screws (or whatever they are called) need to be pulled back while the emblem is pulled away from the grille.

Doing this step the wrong way will result in the following...

Fortunately my dad suggested we just take his emblem off and attach my broke one to his grille with some bad@$$ adhesive stuff.
Also, if you plan on using this emblem again with your new Roush grille, you will have to break off the "Locator Tab"

The install of the Roush grill is the same as the uninstall, just do the steps backwards.
Here are pictures of the before and after....
Before:

After:

Hope this has been helpful.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:37 AM
Lucky Number 7

Received 37 Likes on 12 Posts

Nice!!! I need to take my billet off and repaint it... If it turns our ugly, I am buying that grill!!
Old 12-11-2009, 10:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice work - Thank you for sharing this!
Old 12-16-2009, 05:11 PM
Dirty Rotten Scoundrel

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone done the lower grill opening? I'm just doing some shopping for my xmas gift and was thinking of getting a set of both grills.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sadly Roush does not make a lower grille. I got lucky (?) when I wrecked the truck last Christmas. Insurance replaced my Roush grille even though only the surround and hood were damaged. My body shop guy then took the original Roush grille and cut a section out of it, and mounted it with a couple of L brackets.

I then sold what was left to another guy who did the same - you can make 2 lower grilles out of 1 full grille so get somebody to go double with you. OR, there's a guy on another forum who launched himself a small side business making these lower grilles and he was swamped with orders - though I haven't seen much discussion of them lately.

OH - not that it makes a big deal, but the Roush grille comes without the Ford oval. As bm150280 shows, you have to remove it from your original and then stick it on top of the Roush grille -- the grilles usually come with a bracket for this or you can use some 3M tape. My grille is the Ford Chrome Edition grille - same as the Roush but it is built for Ford with the oval imbedded so its flush with the bars rather than sitting on top. From a few feet away you could never tell the difference.

Last edited by Smokin Lariat; 12-16-2009 at 05:36 PM. Reason: added photo and info
Old 12-17-2009, 08:23 PM
Dirty Rotten Scoundrel

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Silver. Great idea. Looks awsome. Think I'll skip the Ford badge though... not a big fan of all the decals and emblems cars have. Now I gotta order 2 and come up with a clever way to use the leftover grill material.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, I'd have skipped the logo too - my original Roush grille was without, and after the wreck I bought another Roush to replace the original with plans to cut up the original to make my lower. Only the surround on my original was busted in the wreck, but when the body shop turned it in, Ford showed my current grille as the replacement - that's the Ford Chrome Edition Grille with logo (@ $735!!!).

So I was able to sell the replacement Roush I'd purchased, used the CE grille with logo for my truck, and still cut up my original Roush to build my lower. But, that stuck me with the Ford oval on the grille. Since this photo I went to Patriot decals and got color matched logo overlay so it's no longer blue. I still think without the logo is a cleaner look.
Old 12-04-2010, 03:45 PM

Looks easy enough
Old 01-09-2012, 12:49 PM
Bigbopper

Default Bug guard on '06 Superduty F-150 XLT?

Bought the Cabela's low profile bug guard. I took the grill off first. I'm not sure if that's what I needed to do but the Bug guard didn't seem to go on that way. Any ideas before I send it back to cabela's? I gave them year make and model of the truck and they sent me this bug guard

Quick Reply: How To: 04-08 Grille Uninstall - Roush Grille Install