Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Who has the most tuned ecoboost miles?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 09:44 AM

Received 231 Likes on 164 Posts

Default Who has the most tuned ecoboost miles?

I thought this would be interesting to bring up (I did a search here and on google and turned up nothing). Just list your truck, what tune your using, and your feedback about it. Please don't start bashing other members about their choices or the brand of tuner. I'm just curious how the ecoboost holds up to the extra power or a tune.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:53 AM
Senior Member/Vietnam Vet

Received 539 Likes on 369 Posts

LMS for 32K and SSI for the last 8K and sticking with it.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:10 AM

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

About 10,000 miles on the stock SCT 87 tune. It made a pretty good improvement and with doing 20,000 miles a year I don't need to be pushing it to the limit with running regular gas. Your going to pick up what a few HP with getting the most out of it but then your going to kill the motor even quicker.
Old 11-22-2013, 01:48 PM

Received 231 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by 03Scott
About 10,000 miles on the stock SCT 87 tune. It made a pretty good improvement and with doing 20,000 miles a year I don't need to be pushing it to the limit with running regular gas. Your going to pick up what a few HP with getting the most out of it but then your going to kill the motor even quicker.
That's what I don't want is the engine wearing out prematurely because of a tune. Guys with higher miliage running tunes should be able to shed some light on this.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:04 PM

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by disturbed3003
That's what I don't want is the engine wearing out prematurely because of a tune. Guys with higher miliage running tunes should be able to shed some light on this.
If your not pushing the limits of what ever tune your running you shouldn't have any premature failures. Anytime a manufacture designs a motor they factor in a lot of give to make sure they don't have premature failures. That's why tuner guys can say I can get X out of a motor with my tune. If your racing then you push the limits cause you rebuild the motor after every race. For what we do we don't need to push the limits too much so a basic tune from SCT, Livernosis, Edge or who ever will give you more than what you have now but not sacrificing the longevity of the motor.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:28 PM

Received 130 Likes on 101 Posts

A little over 8K miles on the SCT tunes and just over 7K miles on the SSI tunes. The SSI tunes are much more powerful and the trans shifting strategy is much better.

I got guite a bit of gas smell in the oil using SCT tunes and the level on the dipstick got higher. No such smell with the SSI tunes and oil level remains the same.
Old 11-22-2013, 05:56 PM

Received 117 Likes on 65 Posts

Between 2 truck I've got 31,000, can't break down which ones on what miles, SSI, 5 star, Livernois, and unleashed. I think most of them are on Livernois
Old 11-22-2013, 06:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LMS 93 tune for approximately 38,000 miles. I should also mention that I have about 59000 miles on the truck.

Last edited by blackbeast; 11-22-2013 at 06:24 PM.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:10 AM

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 03Scott
If your not pushing the limits of what ever tune your running you shouldn't have any premature failures. Anytime a manufacture designs a motor they factor in a lot of give to make sure they don't have premature failures. That's why tuner guys can say I can get X out of a motor with my tune. If your racing then you push the limits cause you rebuild the motor after every race. For what we do we don't need to push the limits too much so a basic tune from SCT, Livernosis, Edge or who ever will give you more than what you have now but not sacrificing the longevity of the motor.
You can avoid this whole mess if you datalog.

Datalog datalog datalog. It's YOUR truck and you should be able to see if the tune parameters have compromised your engine environment. Like many guys here I've logged my SSI 91 octane against stock and it is much, much safer tuned insofar as knock retard and various other stresses.
Old 11-23-2013, 07:45 AM

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

11k on my 91 5star tow tune. Put good gas in it and good oil @5k or less and I think it will last as long as stock. The problem is we tend to beat our tuned trucks more because they are so much fun to drive and can beat most cars from a stoplight!!!!

Quick Reply: Who has the most tuned ecoboost miles?