Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Who has Full Race 3"? Thoughts? Resonator?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 10:02 AM

Received 117 Likes on 83 Posts

Default Who has Full Race 3"? Thoughts? Resonator?

Have the Wagner IC on the way...have the 5Star Livewire...Have the Banks Air Box...just having a time pulling the trigger on the exhaust. Definitely want something...not sure about going all the way with catted downpipes.

Figured the 3" CatBack first...guess I could always add the resonator later if need be. I know they have sound clips, but I want a little more from the horse's mouth.
Old 03-26-2015, 04:01 PM

Received 330 Likes on 122 Posts

With stock downpipes, our 3" Exhaust + resonator is nearly stock sounding (quiet) at idle. It has a more aggressive note under boost/WOT compared to stock, but still subtle. Most of our customers with stock downpipes opt for no resonator as a result.

With aftermarket downpipes, the resonator is strongly recommended
The following users liked this post:
DieselDawg (03-27-2015)
Old 03-26-2015, 06:33 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the 3" resonated exhaust also the FR CAC. The exhaust is quiet and as Geoff indicated nearly the same as stock when idling and is more aggressive at wot. Now time for me to order the CAI.

You can't go wrong with Full-Race!
DieselDawg (03-27-2015)
Old 03-26-2015, 09:51 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have full race catback w resonator and solo catted downpipe. it is very quiet under cruise and normal driving conditions, little more noise under hard throttle. no rasp or drone.
DieselDawg (03-27-2015)
Old 03-27-2015, 11:02 AM

Received 117 Likes on 83 Posts

...and with the catted downpipes...no codes thrown? I am so close to pulling the trigger on the catted and coated downpipes with resonated cat back...but it is quite pricey. You get what you pay for tho and I will be keeping this truck for a spell.
Old 03-28-2015, 12:45 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I just recently put on a new cat-back system with a Flowmaster 70 series muffler. Factory resonator came off and was replaced with a 3" pipe. Interior drone was noticeable, but not bad. I was more worried about what the drone would be like after hitching up my 8,000 pound camper. So I bought and installed a MBRP resonator with 3" inlet/outlet. Interior drone was toned down quite a bit. I have my factory down pipes and have no plans of touching them for two reasons. First, the down pipe manufacturers, catted or not, recommend a custom tune to deal with the O2 sensor issue. I have and am happy with my Edge programmer and don't want to change that. Second, relatively little power gains over stock for the hundreds you'll spend.
Old 03-28-2015, 10:02 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DieselDawg
...and with the catted downpipes...no codes thrown? I am so close to pulling the trigger on the catted and coated downpipes with resonated cat back...but it is quite pricey. You get what you pay for tho and I will be keeping this truck for a spell.
i used the solo o2 extenders. no codes so far.

Quick Reply: Who has Full Race 3"? Thoughts? Resonator?