Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Whipple Suppercharger for 2010-2014 F150's

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 07:21 PM

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Whipple Suppercharger for 2010-2014 F150's

I really like this supercharger system. At 2.9L it's .6L more than the Roush system.
A local speed shop did one at 600+HP and about the same torque.
The price is $7,200 but you can get close to 10 percent off that.
That should bring it to the high 11's. The one concern I have is how the drivetrain would handle it.
If your not hard launching I assume the stock parts should be ok. Thoughts?
3 minute pulley changes...awesome.

Name:  superf150_zps7040b6a2.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  20.4 KB

Name:  super2_zps90134887.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  199.2 KB

Name:  super_zps01db1060.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  329.8 KB

THE BIGGEST, THE BADDEST, MOST EFFICIENT, MOST POWERFUL SUPERCHARGER SYSTEM
Since 1987, Whipple Superchargers™have been the pioneers and leaders of twin-screw supercharging. With over 26 years of twin-screw supercharging experience, Whipple’s team have now engineered the most powerful intercooled twin-screw SC system available today for your Ford F150. With all the latest technology, the all new Whipple system makes more power than any other positive displacement supercharger system on the market giving you tire frying, neck whipping power that will give you a grin from ear to ear. The new Whipple system is 100% complete and is designed for stock engines but has enough capability to work with heavily modified engines.
The all-new system features Whipple’s massive oversized air-to-water intercooler for unmatched cooling capacity, a unique front feed W175ax (a whopping 2.9 liters) integrated Whipple twin-screw supercharger that reaches 99% volumetric efficiency and industry leading power potential. The unique intercooled bypass system offers better acceleration and less than 1hp of consumption during cruising for excellent fuel economy. The system also includes high-flow fuel injectors, aluminum high flow intake manifold and a Whipple Reflash for the factory ECU recalibration. While others claim, Whipple Superchargers simply deliver more power per pound of boost than any other supercharger on the market today.

Front entry W175ax (2.9 liters) Whipple twin-screw supercharger that significantly outflows competitions 2.3L roots-type systems
Integrated casting to minimize bolt on pieces, adapters, leaks and flow restrictions
Integrated Crusher™ shaped inlet for maximum airflow capacity and minimal rotor cavitation
Integrated Crusher™ 172mm oval inlet outflows smaller 90mm inlets such as other systems
Big Mouth Whipple Crusher™ plastic air inlet for increased velocity and lower inlet temps vs. steel and aluminum tubes
Optional Crusher™ pre-flowed twin 68mm billet blade throttle body
Integrated design allows for oversized intercooler core compared to other smaller intercooler cores giving Whipple lower air charge temps which allows more boost and timing to be run on pump gas
Massive air-to-water aluminum bar-plate intercooler offers more cooling than any other positive displacement system available
Whipple Superchargers massive oversized intercooled air-bypass system for industry leading reduction of burst knock and incredible fuel economy
Self-contained oversized oil system for dramatically reduced oil temps in even the most demanding conditions
Exclusive 3x5 rotor combo for significant increase in airflow under the curve than less efficient 4x6 rotor combo
Center discharge port for better cylinder to cylinder distribution then other twin-screws with cobbled together billet adapters and forward facing discharge
Discharge down design allows for less pressure loss which gives more power at lower boost levels
Top mount design allows for cooler operation then upside down SC’s that conduct heat from engine and are trapped by runners and covers, causing hotter manifold temps and less power per pound of boost
More boost at the “hit” than any other twin-screw
Flat torque curve for incredible acceleration
Oversized heat exchanger for incredible intercooler water temps
Fits under factory hood with no modifications
No internal modifications required
Completed installation looks factory installed, not some cobbled together kit with multiple billet adapters
Kits come complete with all necessary parts and hardware for installation
Unique oil level sight glass for easy oil level and quality check, no dipstick to bind or misread
Plug and play wiring, no cutting
High flow air filter system, coolant reservoir is maintained
High flow fuel injectors (63lb/hr)
Proven 6-rib belt system with heavy duty spring loaded tensioner and adjustable idler system
Stainless steel jack-shaft with unique plastic cover for increased safety
OEM quick connect fittings for easy installation
Complete and tuner kits available
Available in wrinkle black, polish or any custom color
Easily upgradeable with bigger throttle bodies (172mm or twin 75mm)
Instant boost at the touch of the throttle
3 minute pulley changes
1 year warranty for all parts included
Optional 3/36, 5/60, and 5/100 warranty
Old 10-04-2014, 12:33 AM

Received 270 Likes on 191 Posts

I have the TVS1900, paid $4600 shipped, best confirmed time of 11.72@117. No internal changes to engine, trans, etc with no problems.

However, others that run the roush system have blown engines, had trans problems, and one blew an axle (procharger system I believe).

Oh, I run in 4wd, wouldn't do it any other way (I've tried and it isn't pretty).

Last edited by mechanicboy; 10-04-2014 at 12:38 AM.
Old 10-11-2014, 11:05 AM
LORD MR.FORD

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mechanicboy
I have the TVS1900, paid $4600 shipped, best confirmed time of 11.72@117. No internal changes to engine, trans, etc with no problems.

However, others that run the roush system have blown engines, had trans problems, and one blew an axle (procharger system I believe).

Oh, I run in 4wd, wouldn't do it any other way (I've tried and it isn't pretty).

I saw a thread somewhere on here of a guy that threw a rod after installing a Roush supercharger. What makes that system so hard on a engine? I actually had thought about adding it to my 2014 latter but not so sure now
Old 10-11-2014, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by FORDDRVR
I saw a thread somewhere on here of a guy that threw a rod after installing a Roush supercharger. What makes that system so hard on a engine? I actually had thought about adding it to my 2014 latter but not so sure now
I've only seen them throw rods when they have a much smaller pulley on them so they are making much more boost. Lean conditions are probably the primary cause of failure. I started suffering from a lean condition but fixed it before I had a failure.
Old 10-12-2014, 12:19 PM

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Do they come with bigger injectors? Or high flow fuel pumps? Even a fuel pressure regulator should help a lean condition.
Old 10-12-2014, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by sodacraft
Do they come with bigger injectors? Or high flow fuel pumps? Even a fuel pressure regulator should help a lean condition.
You run out of pump about 550ish rwhp on e85. A boost-a-pump fixed it for me. I have ID1000 injectors so those aren't the problem lol.
Old 10-13-2014, 02:23 PM

Received 175 Likes on 112 Posts

Mmm suppercharger...
Old 10-16-2014, 07:20 PM

Received 138 Likes on 103 Posts

I have been patiently waiting for this kit to be released. On facebook they said December 1st is when it will be actually released. Those pictures are of a 6.2L. It should be very similar to the new 2015 Mustang setup though.

They just posted this picture of the reservoir which is over 2 gallons.

Quick Reply: Whipple Suppercharger for 2010-2014 F150's