Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

What to do about coolant leak 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 04:20 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Default What to do about coolant leak 5.0

Recently my truck has developed a small coolant leak ( coolant pooling under the waterpump,overflow level dropping ect.) I took the truck into my selling dealer and they determined it has no leak. After forcing them to find it,they agreed to keep the truck a few days and look. I know it is leaking,but if they say they can't find it what is my recourse? Truck has 20k on it. I can find it but I have a warranty.
Old 11-17-2014, 06:26 PM
King Hater

Received 872 Likes on 653 Posts

Sounds like your waterpump seal is compromised. If they cant find it, take it to another dealer.
Old 11-17-2014, 06:49 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 805 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by yotehunter
Recently my truck has developed a small coolant leak ( coolant pooling under the waterpump,overflow level dropping ect.) I took the truck into my selling dealer and they determined it has no leak. After forcing them to find it,they agreed to keep the truck a few days and look. I know it is leaking,but if they say they can't find it what is my recourse? Truck has 20k on it. I can find it but I have a warranty.
I'm here to help, yotehunter! Tothemax gives sound advice by suggesting to visit a second dealer for another opinion; use this tool to locate one nearby. Then, please send me a private message with your full name, VIN, new servicing dealership, and best daytime contact number; I'll get this escalated to the regional customer service manager for your area.

Originally Posted by Tothemax
Sounds like your waterpump seal is compromised. If they cant find it, take it to another dealer.
You're right, Tothemax! Getting a second opinion is the best next step in this situation. Thanks for the advice; it's greatly appreciated!

Brittany
Old 11-17-2014, 07:55 PM

Thanks everyone for the help and good advice. I will give the present dealer a little more time to solve the problem first before seeking recourse.I always owned Ford products,as I really like them with the exception of my dealership expierences have been poor.
Old 11-18-2014, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by FordService
I'm here to help, yotehunter! Tothemax gives sound advice by suggesting to visit a second dealer for another opinion; use this tool to locate one nearby. Then, please send me a private message with your full name, VIN, new servicing dealership, and best daytime contact number; I'll get this escalated to the regional customer service manager for your area.

You're right, Tothemax! Getting a second opinion is the best next step in this situation. Thanks for the advice; it's greatly appreciated!

Brittany
Pm sent
Old 11-18-2014, 12:24 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 805 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by yotehunter
Pm sent
Got it! I'll read it over and respond to it as soon as possible, yotehunter. Thanks for sending it my way!

Brittany

Quick Reply: What to do about coolant leak 5.0