Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Warranty Issues

Old 03-09-2014, 08:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Warranty Issues

Beware! Ford's Drive train warranty, does not coverall of the Drive train !

I would like all late model F150 owners to know that Ford's Drive train warranty does not cover all of the drive train ! My 2011 F-150 XLT has 45,000 miles on it. It is 3 years old now.

The front Hub locking actuators are grinding up the axles on the left and right side of my 4x4. The Hub Actuators and vacuum solenoid have failed due to a vacuum leak. Ford Motor Co. refuses to repair and replace under their Warranty. Stating, the parts are not part of the drive train. LOL ! Can you believe it ? These parts make your front wheels engage for 4 wheel drive use. The front axles fit inside the actuators on the hubs L&R.

The cost of repair is $725.00 And, it will come out of your pocket !
I opened a case with Ford and they denied repair. Now I am going to the BBB Auto and opening a case against Ford. My dealer has a whole box of these failed Actuator parts they have replaced.
Ford will however, replace the axles if they go bad.

Ford and their warranty is a joke ! These parts are defective and they know it ! I think they just lost a customer.

Here is a video of the actuator replacement procedure.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:29 PM

Received 461 Likes on 310 Posts

3/36k ?
Old 03-09-2014, 10:41 PM

Received 177 Likes on 120 Posts

Weird cause I would think they are covered - from the 2011 Warranty guide:

(1) Your vehicle’s Powertrain components are covered for five years or 60,000 miles, whichever occurs first. The extended coverage applies to the Engine: all internal lubricated parts, cylinder block, cylinder heads, electrical fuel pump, electronic engine control unit, engine mounts, flywheel, injection pump, manifold (exhaust and intake), manifold bolts, oil pan, oil pump, seals and gaskets, thermostat, thermostat housing, timing chain cover, timing chain (gears or belt), turbocharger/supercharger unit, valve covers, water pump;

Transmission: all internal parts, clutch cover, seals and gaskets, torque converter, transfer case (including all internal parts), transmission case, transmission mounts;
Front-Wheel Drive: axle shafts, bearings (front and rear), center support bearing, drive shafts, final drive housing (including all internal parts), hubs-automatic front locking (four-wheel drive), locking rings (four-wheel drive), seals and gaskets, universal and constant velocity joints;
Rear-Wheel Drive: axle shafts, bearings (front and rear), center support bearing, drive axle housing (including all internal parts), drive shaft, propeller shafts, retainers, supports, seals and gaskets, universal and constant velocity joints.
I could see the solenoid not being covered but the hub actuators should be covered under the bolded parts...
Old 03-10-2014, 05:48 AM

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

They need to claim the basic part number of the hub, find a dealer on the other side of town and go there.
The following users liked this post:
kbdrummer (03-17-2014)
Old 03-10-2014, 06:05 AM
Mark

Received 2,410 Likes on 2,111 Posts

yea...if my Idler pulley was covered the IWE's should be...
Old 03-10-2014, 10:43 AM

Received 189 Likes on 119 Posts

Are you outside your warranty and trying to get Ford to cover this? If so then they are correct. If not then show them what is posted above...
Old 03-10-2014, 10:56 AM

Received 240 Likes on 178 Posts

This doesn't surprise me none. Seems FORD/DEALER have this relationship where the dealer looks to get out of warranty work. I have been to dealer twice,, 2014 model now,, and there tech is trying to ignore the 2 issues I have and also on my 2013 model, they did the same thing..FORD/DEALER are looking to get out of most warranty work in my opinion..The mechanics now get paid a flat rate no matter how long it takes, and forget diagnosing the issue,, they will blow you off and call it normal..But these same dealers are all in when your out of warranty and they know your going to PAY out of pocket for repairs/diagnosis...DEALERS are now the new USED CAR salesmen..
Old 03-10-2014, 11:56 AM
Doctor Detail

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oops.

Last edited by firemedicjt; 03-10-2014 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Mis read question
Old 03-10-2014, 12:00 PM
King Hater

Received 872 Likes on 653 Posts

Originally Posted by Truck owner
This doesn't surprise me none. Seems FORD/DEALER have this relationship where the dealer looks to get out of warranty work. I have been to dealer twice,, 2014 model now,, and there tech is trying to ignore the 2 issues I have and also on my 2013 model, they did the same thing..FORD/DEALER are looking to get out of most warranty work in my opinion..The mechanics now get paid a flat rate no matter how long it takes, and forget diagnosing the issue,, they will blow you off and call it normal..But these same dealers are all in when your out of warranty and they know your going to PAY out of pocket for repairs/diagnosis...DEALERS are now the new USED CAR salesmen..
You need a new dealer.

To the OP. Please get back to the thread so we can get some more info.
Old 03-10-2014, 12:28 PM

Received 240 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by Tothemax
You need a new dealer.

To the OP. Please get back to the thread so we can get some more info.

Unfortunately for me it is 2 separate dealers..I need to move to a caring area more..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Warranty Issues