Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Video: EcoBoost Oil Change DIY Instructions

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 08:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Video: EcoBoost Oil Change DIY Instructions

Decided to do my own oil change yesterday afternoon and so I shot some photos and put together this Step-By-Step DIY video on how to change the oil on the EcoBoost F-150.

*Edit: I mistakenly posted this in the General Section...should have posted it here so I am re-posting.

I hope this resource will help clarify any questions out there regarding drain plug and oil filter location. The filter is really not that hard to get to but because of it's location and where the oil drains to it can cause a big mess if you don't plan ahead.

Let me know what you think and if there are any steps that need more clarification.

Disclaimer: I am just an enthusiast and not a certified mechanic, this video just portrays the way I chose to do my oil change. Your results may vary and I am not accountable for your own actions and/or results.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:09 AM

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Nice and thanks for the post. I think what would be even more helpful would be a real time video to show locations of everything from say starting from the wheel. Wrench size and nuances you ran into would also be helpful.

As an example, there is a video is floating somewhere around this forum and youtube of a guy removing door panels on our trucks to replace speakers and I thought that video was perfect, it left nothing to question. When I went to do that task myself, I felt like I had already done it once before and it was very easy. Had I done the task with just pictures, there would have been "figuring" time.

Regardless, a helpful post and video, thanks!
Old 11-13-2011, 10:21 AM

Received 54 Likes on 48 Posts

Nice job. I'm sure many will find this helpful.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by troutspinner
Nice and thanks for the post. I think what would be even more helpful would be a real time video to show locations of everything from say starting from the wheel. Wrench size and nuances you ran into would also be helpful.

Regardless, a helpful post and video, thanks!
I'll try keep that in mind...keep an eye out for a DIY that is real-time video next time.

Quick Reply: Video: EcoBoost Oil Change DIY Instructions