Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

User Report on Edge EVO HT Tuner For Ecoboost 3.5L

Old 02-11-2013, 05:32 AM
Resident Piñata

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts
Default User Report on Edge EVO HT Tuner For Ecoboost 3.5L

User Report on Edge EVO HT Tuner For Ecoboost 3.5L

Sometime ago I posted about the Edge EVO HT on Ecoboost 3.5L for my 2012 Screw. I have it set for the Economy tune that allows use with a 6,000 Lb trailer.

The unit I got was evidently in a distributorship somewhere so I used it with old software for sometime. The only negative I found was that twice in 6 months it threw one engine trouble code related to air intake temp not long after a cold startup. As soon as removed it didn't come back for months. I downloaded a new update from Edge and have not had the code reappear yet.

Truck is a 4 door, 4x4 with a heavy fiberglass bed cover and full of tools as is driven when towing.

•Installing the tune was very easy just by following screen instructions.
•Mileage seems to be about 22 MPG at 70 cruising on the highway. Around town is very difficult to tell of course, but I'd guess around 16 MPG.
•It isn't clear as every tune is different, but it is supposed to add at least 50 H.P., likey more using the Extreme Tune. I'm using Economy Tune which I would guess produces the bottm 50 HP claimed.
•0 to 60 time is was 6.4 seconds which was 3/4 of a second faster than stock which is quite an improvement in a vehicle that is in the 6 to 7 second range stock. My Supercharged Mustang went from 6+ seconds to 4.6 seconds after Roush was done with it which is an amazing difference when you are driving it!
•1/4 Mile was 91 MPH in 13.6 seconds. At 71, I can remember when times like that were very respectable at the drags!
• Tuned it has all kinds of weird intake sounds at times taking off from a light slowly. No noises at WOT. I've heard that wierd noises are common after tuning with lots of programmers. ????? It runs great dispite intake or waste gate noises or whatever they are.
•You can't update with Edge with an Apple Computer, so I had to use my son's brand new PC and go through the extra steps of PC's like downloading an application and then going through that application to do the download! I'm used to the automatic and easy downloads with a Mac supported product! Boo.... Edge! The PC Edge download was so buggy it took 14 attempts to get the download completed as it kept coming up with multiple errors I have never even heard of on my Mac.

I got a break from a speed shop I buy a few parts from and it cost me $300. As I don't change tunes, I prefer not to have more modules on the dash I'm not going to use even if some think they look cool.

Bottom line is that so far I like it..... if the engine trouble codes don't come back. I'm not after squeezing out the last drop of power, & Edge has produced reliable products I've used on many cars.

Hope my report helps somebody looking for a programmer/tuner and confused with all the choices!

Last edited by opinyawn; 02-11-2013 at 05:34 AM.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:00 AM
better looking than geno

Received 275 Likes on 169 Posts

Good write up...

One question tho, where did you get the 13.6 @ 91? From the edge unit? I'm just asking...based on other ecos, 91mph would be low 15s.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: User Report on Edge EVO HT Tuner For Ecoboost 3.5L