Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Unusual tapping in 5.0 liter not usually discussed

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 07:52 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Unusual tapping in 5.0 liter not usually discussed

I have a 2012 F 150 STX 4x4 with the 5.0 liter. I am getting an intermittent mild to moderate tapping noise that appears to be coming from under the passenger side valve cover. It usually goes away after 15-20 minutes of driving and doesn't return until the next time the engine is cold. Does anyone have any advice or insight on this noise. Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 11-17-2014, 03:38 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 805 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by Ford by Nature
I have a 2012 F 150 STX 4x4 with the 5.0 liter. I am getting an intermittent mild to moderate tapping noise that appears to be coming from under the passenger side valve cover. It usually goes away after 15-20 minutes of driving and doesn't return until the next time the engine is cold. Does anyone have any advice or insight on this noise. Thanks in advance for your help.
I'm here to help, Ford by Nature. Have you brought this to the attention of your local dealership yet? If not, I advise you to have this checked out, as your local service department is best able to diagnose the noise you're hearing.

Please let me know how it goes, and fill me in with a current mileage reading as well.

Brittany

Quick Reply: Unusual tapping in 5.0 liter not usually discussed