Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Tune for the 5.0

Old 09-18-2011, 11:00 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Tune for the 5.0

Hey guys,
Was doing a little googling to see what the mustang guys are doing with these engines. Came across this tune that changed the sound of the idle ( making it sound like a cammed motor)
Here's the link...

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...ml#post2504456

Is this something that can be done to our f150's? It sounds pretty mean of u ask me.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:05 PM
NC Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Read through the tread.

Seems like this isn't ready for the 5.0 Mustang yet.

"Hey Guys,

SCT's software is currently missing crucial parameters that we need to keep cars from stalling or having idle issues. You'll notice that 99% of the dealers who sell SCT tunes aren't selling this idle option yet. We haven't been able to work on it in weeks.

When we originally started this thread, the ETA was going to be about a week. We got a week into it, completed everything we could and realized SCT is missing parameters that we need added to the database. We've been at a stand-still since then (as well as all the other SCT dealers out there).

I hope you nobody based their entire reasoning for purchasing a custom tuner around a novelty tune that makes your car sound like it has a cam. However, we're not here to trick people into buying our products. If you purchased your tuner specifically waiting for the ghost cam file (date purchased after this thread was started) and want to return it because it hasn't come out yet, call us up and we'll set up a return for it. Otherwise, you can enjoy your tunes and wait until this is released down the road, if/when SCT gets ahold of the necessary parameters.

Hope this helps!

Chris"
Old 09-18-2011, 12:16 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Sry should have read the latest posts on the thread. Kinda just got sucked into the YouTube videos. Lol well it's cool to know they are working on it. Maybe once/if they figure it out on the mustang they'll come out with something for our trucks. I just can't get over how a tune can make the 5.0 gurgle like that.
Old 09-18-2011, 01:10 PM
NC Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by KTM F150
Sry should have read the latest posts on the thread. Kinda just got sucked into the YouTube videos. Lol well it's cool to know they are working on it. Maybe once/if they figure it out on the mustang they'll come out with something for our trucks. I just can't get over how a tune can make the 5.0 gurgle like that.
Yeah, sounds cool, not sure if it is practical

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tune for the 5.0