Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Traction/ Roll Stability Issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 02:22 PM

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Default Traction/ Roll Stability Issues

Can someone please what is turning on in this video? No matter if I stall up my truck or not, that little traction light flickers on and cuts power. I have tried pushing the traction control button to turn it off and I have held it down to turn off AdvanceTrac and it still does it. In this video I have 22" wheels with Nitto 420S tires that I warmed up prior to launching. I have swapped to 20" wheels with the Nitto 420S tire and it does it even worse I think. Why does it do that? Notice my speedometer when I shift into 2nd also. Would a rear sway bar help this problem? My truck is lowered by the way. I will take any help I can get.

Attached Images  
Old 01-20-2014, 07:33 PM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

When you disable the traction control, that light will remain illuminated until you push the button again or restart your truck.

EDIT: I watched it again... the "second" light is the stability part. pull the fuse when you're at the track to disengage the whole system. When you're done, re-install the fuse. Hell, you're doing good! Mine does that in the beginning and again when I hit about 120kph! Talk about unnerving! Nice run BTW... get a time slip on that?

Last edited by Northernexposure; 01-20-2014 at 07:37 PM.

Quick Reply: Traction/ Roll Stability Issues