Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Thanks again to Mike at 5startuning on revising my 3.7 tunes!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 12:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thanks again to Mike at 5startuning on revising my 3.7 tunes!!!

after driving with mike's tunes on my truck since 700 miles and now i have 25000 mies on the truck and its still trouble free.

6 months ago i got a random email from mike saying that he has updated the 87 perf/tow tune. since i updated it, the car tows even better than his previous tune. i am towing the same trailer/car/ and road conditions of course.

previously, it would shift at 2500rpms and now it shifts at 3000rpms and when it shifts intot he next gear it stays at 2200rpms minimum, and thats where the 3.7 has its first initial TQ peak so its a great change.

however after reading his website further on changes, he only changed that on his perf/tow tune and not his economy tune. i am somebody who loves enjoying getting that 1 - 1.5 MPG more over stock using the 87 ECONOMY tune. but when i use the 87 performance/tow tune on a regular bases, i get the same MPG as stock or could easily get a lil less when you get start getting on it more because of the power.

with this being said, i always had to switch back and fourth from economy and perf/tow. so i asked him if he could change the shift points on the economy tune as well so i wouldn't have to change all the time. he delivered this update within a few hours of him initially reading the email.

i updated all of my tunes and tested out the new shift points on the economy tune and its shifting at the normal 3000rpms range and it has awesome engine braking.

if a stock tune can tow 3.7 5300lbs decently well, then in my economy tune with higher shift points should be able to do a little better as long as i don't try to push the new ford's 6300lb limit. however, on a long trip, and i know there will be hills, i will not hestitate to use the 87 or 91 perf/tow tunes for the added more. the perf/tow tunes definitely have alot more low end grunt.

again, thanks again to excellent customer service from mike at 5startuning.

Quick Reply: Thanks again to Mike at 5startuning on revising my 3.7 tunes!!!