Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Thank You SSI

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 10:56 PM

Received 196 Likes on 140 Posts

Default Thank You SSI

Some of you probably recall me being on here complaining about how when Ford introduced the new IC to my truck and revised tuning...it drastically impacted the HP and torque in my truck. Like pre TSB the truck used to stay in 6th gear going towing up a hill...post it would downshift to 4th. It was a huge kick in the nuts...especially Ford saying everything was normal. When you tow like I do its very easy to tell the difference, and it was far from normal. Towing capability was the only deciding factor in me purchasing my truck. And when Ford took that away it was literally like getting punched in the stomach. I hated my truck.

As I approached the end of my warranty...I began looking at programmers. I called and spoke to Shawn and he assured me he could fix it.

He began in Oct with 3 tunes for me to try. I began testing and power still wasn't there. Tranny acting goofy. Then I got really sick and I couldn't do the testing and get back to him for revisions. Like a dummy I let time go by without focusing on getting it fixed.

Nov came and I was feeling better and requested a revision from Shawn, which he sent right away. Truck still not responding right. Work got super busy and again like an idiot, I let time lapse.

So early December comes, and I request another revision. Truck still not right. All because of what Ford did in their TSB. Others have had the same experience. I was so ticked at Ford at this point as I wondered if I would be stuck with this truck like this. Then all hell broke loose at work over the last 2 months...with many 100 hr weeks. Again...like a dummy I let 2 months lapse before contacting Shawn again.

After reading about T5...I sent Shawn an email this afternoon. Literally 3 min later...I had T5 in my email. I left work and programmed my truck right away. And soon after had the biggest smile on my face I have ever had while owning my truck. No acting up tranny. Smooth power. Responsiveness. Everything my truck used to be...I got back and much much more.

I honestly cannot thank Shawn enough for his hard work and dedication. I was a major pain in the *** not being able to focus on the issues all the time with him and letting time lapse. But not once did he give up on helping me and getting my truck back to how it should run...even 4 months after first contacting him(which is entIrely my fault).

My truck actually made me depressed...thats how bad it performed and ran for the last 1.5 years. I just kept thinking I spent 40k on a truck that doesn't do what I bought it to do. It made me sick.

Shawn, thank you for everything you have done. I really really appreciate it more than I can ever write on here. I don't know what else to say besides a big THANK YOU!

Last edited by maplelakeduckslayer; 02-04-2014 at 11:08 PM.
Old 02-04-2014, 11:04 PM

Received 325 Likes on 223 Posts

I recall all of the (justifiable) bellyaching and remember telling you to get her tuned!

Frankly I am glad that you got your truck back and then some...! The EB is a very fun and seriously capable engine to work with.

too bad it was too late for the resident Dr and forced him over to the dark side.
Old 02-04-2014, 11:19 PM

Received 153 Likes on 103 Posts

Glad I checked on here just now, that's been my experience with Shawn from day one. I wonder if you have the same new strategy that I got after the newest flash....this thing sucks like crazy. He did a ton of testing and got T5 spot on.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:32 AM
Keepin' the lights on!

Received 229 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by maplelakeduckslayer
Some of you probably recall me being on here complaining about how when Ford introduced the new IC to my truck and revised tuning...it drastically impacted the HP and torque in my truck. Like pre TSB the truck used to stay in 6th gear going towing up a hill...post it would downshift to 4th. It was a huge kick in the nuts...especially Ford saying everything was normal. When you tow like I do its very easy to tell the difference, and it was far from normal. Towing capability was the only deciding factor in me purchasing my truck. And when Ford took that away it was literally like getting punched in the stomach. I hated my truck.

As I approached the end of my warranty...I began looking at programmers. I called and spoke to Shawn and he assured me he could fix it.

He began in Oct with 3 tunes for me to try. I began testing and power still wasn't there. Tranny acting goofy. Then I got really sick and I couldn't do the testing and get back to him for revisions. Like a dummy I let time go by without focusing on getting it fixed.

Nov came and I was feeling better and requested a revision from Shawn, which he sent right away. Truck still not responding right. Work got super busy and again like an idiot, I let time lapse.

So early December comes, and I request another revision. Truck still not right. All because of what Ford did in their TSB. Others have had the same experience. I was so ticked at Ford at this point as I wondered if I would be stuck with this truck like this. Then all hell broke loose at work over the last 2 months...with many 100 hr weeks. Again...like a dummy I let 2 months lapse before contacting Shawn again.

After reading about T5...I sent Shawn an email this afternoon. Literally 3 min later...I had T5 in my email. I left work and programmed my truck right away. And soon after had the biggest smile on my face I have ever had while owning my truck. No acting up tranny. Smooth power. Responsiveness. Everything my truck used to be...I got back and much much more.

I honestly cannot thank Shawn enough for his hard work and dedication. I was a major pain in the *** not being able to focus on the issues all the time with him and letting time lapse. But not once did he give up on helping me and getting my truck back to how it should run...even 4 months after first contacting him(which is entIrely my fault).

My truck actually made me depressed...thats how bad it performed and ran for the last 1.5 years. I just kept thinking I spent 40k on a truck that doesn't do what I bought it to do. It made me sick.

Shawn, thank you for everything you have done. I really really appreciate it more than I can ever write on here. I don't know what else to say besides a big THANK YOU!
Did you do any data logging or was the tune spot on from the begining?
Old 02-05-2014, 05:45 AM

Received 130 Likes on 104 Posts

Maybe I will have to give him a call. I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy inside and the T4 ran like **** on my truck.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:09 AM

Received 179 Likes on 143 Posts

I guess the million dollar question is ...where you charged for the T5?
Old 02-05-2014, 09:30 AM

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Joewee3.5

How in the hell is that any of your business, or anyone else's business?
Old 02-05-2014, 10:13 AM

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Really? That's your question? Who cares. If his happy that is all that matters.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:28 AM

Received 179 Likes on 143 Posts

It's been said that those getting T5 would have to pay. I think its everyone with SSI tunes business to know if some pay and some don't.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:09 PM
FX4 SCrew TT'd V6

Received 125 Likes on 91 Posts

It's been said that those getting T5 would have to pay. I think its everyone with SSI tunes business to know if some pay and some don't.
It's between you and SSI.
The following 2 users liked this post by mrpositraction:
brucesears (02-05-2014), SkiSmuggs (02-05-2014)

Quick Reply: Thank You SSI