Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

sync system

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sync system

i have a 2011 fx4 with sync...recieved my welcome packet from ford today and was reading through it...says i can get turn by turn directions w sync...anyone know anything about this? also turned the bluetooth off on my droid then turned it back on and it was no longer synced up...do you have to resync everytime you turn bluetooth off?
Old 10-24-2011, 09:41 PM

Received 60 Likes on 19 Posts

Three years free sync services. Turn by turn, Business search, Traffic reports, Weather, Sports scores, Horoscopes, Stock reports. You have to gone online and register www.syncmyride.com . If you cut your blue tooth off after your phones synced and cut it back on you just hit the phone button to reconnect.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:02 PM
Better OUT then IN

Received 253 Likes on 206 Posts

You have to log into the computer and request the directions. Then it syncs to your truck but - beware - it sucks! (at least for me)

I've used it several times for long trips and it's failed miserably- every time. One time, it put me 5 miles from my destination - was supposed to be a log cabin resort in Tenn and I ended up in a residential neighborhood. Thank GOD I had my Garmin. with out that, I was lost 1500 miles from home.

I don't use the Sync navigation any more.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:39 AM

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by justjimmy
You have to log into the computer and request the directions. Then it syncs to your truck but - beware - it sucks! (at least for me)
That's one way to do it. But you can also do it in the truck just by asking "services" for directions. Works good.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:16 AM
Better OUT then IN

Originally Posted by Chipster
That's one way to do it. But you can also do it in the truck just by asking "services" for directions. Works good.
Absolutely - I've used that method as well - thanks for clarifying.

I still stand by my "it sucks" comment. On the trips that I've traveled far from home, it's taken me completely off track and I've had to use my Garmin to get me to my intended destination.

I will admit it's kewl - but just not the nav portion.

I use the hands-free calling, bluetooth audio and listening to text messages all the time.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:42 AM

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

Wow - I've never had Sync Nav Services fail me, and I travel a ton in both the real estate and IT consulting business. I would imagine some areas have better sync nav coverage than others - so YMMV </pun>.

Admittedly I mostly use a turn-by-turn Nav app on my iPhone using a cup holder mount (or in the designated flat phone "well" in the center armrest).
Old 10-26-2011, 08:32 AM

tried to use the turn by turn yesterday using the services by sync...last i heard was it was getting directions then the radio started playing again...i figured it would navigate me where i needed to go...am i missing a step? shouldnt the truck start diplaying and voicing directions to me?
Old 10-26-2011, 12:17 PM

My sync directions work well when I manually enter an address. When I try to get directions through services is when I have issues. The main problem is when I say Houston Texas it thinks I say Houston Missouri. It doesn't mater how many times or different ways I say it I always have the same result. I have had other people try and it doesn't work with their voice either. Anybody else have similar issues?
Old 10-26-2011, 02:05 PM
Better OUT then IN

Originally Posted by TXPLT
My sync directions work well when I manually enter an address. When I try to get directions through services is when I have issues. The main problem is when I say Houston Texas it thinks I say Houston Missouri. It doesn't mater how many times or different ways I say it I always have the same result. I have had other people try and it doesn't work with their voice either. Anybody else have similar issues?
I've had similar experiences with the voice recognition - that's why I use my Garmin.

Quick Reply: sync system