Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Supercharger Tuner Needed

Old 04-17-2014, 09:49 PM
F150 Forum

Received 247 Likes on 194 Posts
Question Supercharger Tuner Needed

Hey guys, so today I ordered my Procharger Stage 2 kit!!! I ordered the kit with tune and all. I am going to keep it that way for a while, but eventually would like to go with a custom tune as I plan to add the MAK catless y-pipe, larger throttle body, more than likely the boss intake, and maybe some more boost!

Question is, who to go to for tuning? As a lot of you know, I am located in the northeast corner of Alabama (Scottsboro to be exact). I would really like to get the truck dyno by someone decently close by to me. Any suggestions? I would like to stay within a 3-4 hour drive at the most. I have thought about Mike over at 5 star as he has tuned my truck before, but that is a 7 hour drive for me. If it comes to it though I may just have to just make the drive.

I may also just get the truck tuned via internet tune, but would really like to get dyno numbers. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!!
Old 04-17-2014, 10:30 PM

Received 871 Likes on 695 Posts

Tuning is the life of your engine after the blower is installed. Find a tuner you are happy with and have them tune it. This is the one thing you don't want to cheap out on. I drove 600miles one way to have my old truck tuned by one of the best in the country. Turned it into a vacation. I lived in New Orleans, tuner was in Palm Coast FL.

Any good tuner can write you a file safe to drive to him, but with you have a tune come with it that's not needed.

Personally I would suggest

Torrie @ Unleashed Tuning in St Augustine, FL. He isn't used very often in the F150 world but know a his ****. Tunes a lot of SRT10 Trucks and Vipers and plenty plenty Ford GTs. Almost positive he tunes the fastest standing mile Ford GT in the country. I'm running his 87 tune and live it, tomorrow I'll be switching to his 93 tune.

Kevin Mac @ JPC Tuning, he is located in Millersville, MD but travels to GA and FL often. Tunes plenty 5.0Ls and would say he is currently one of the best in the country!

Cody @ StangHi Performance in Baton Rouge, LA. Cody is known for great DD safe tunes that produce plenty power but isn't really known to push the limits for every ounce of power. He is a Saleen, Roush, SVT certified shop.

Yes there are many other tuners out there that can tune your truck. Call them all and form your own opinion and choose from there.

But honestly opinions of tuners are like @$$holes everybody has one. I'm sure not many people on this site even known the 3 tuners I listed. So with threads like this you will get many different answers.

Wayne

Last edited by Z7What; 04-17-2014 at 10:35 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Z7What:
Bdukes55 (04-17-2014), pmpski_1 (04-17-2014)
Old 04-18-2014, 12:28 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Torrie with Unleashed tuning would be who I'd use if I was in your shoes (and I wish I was!)
The following users liked this post:
Bdukes55 (04-18-2014)
Old 04-18-2014, 06:53 AM
F150Forum Sponsor - SCT Dealer! 614 620-5050

Received 1,084 Likes on 877 Posts

What Z said to the T. Depending on which direction you want to drive, I recommend MPT in Florida or Brenspeed in IN for a dyno tune. Lots of places can do it but those are two I've personally used on my own vehicles and recommend.
Bdukes55 (04-18-2014)
Old 04-18-2014, 10:53 AM
F150 Forum

Received 247 Likes on 194 Posts

Thanks for the info guys, I really appreciate it! I enjoying hearing everyone's opinions. Like I said, it will be a little bit before I go custom, but I am someone that likes to plan ahead and weigh all my options before doing anything.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:44 PM

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

Mike Troyer [MENTION=1355]Troy[/MENTION]er performance specialize in F-150's for years..... Shaun from AED even told me if Mike did my truck then it won't get any better from him doing it. Plus the also installed the first pro charger on the 5.0 F-150 over 2 years ago long before the official kit came out... Only thing is he's not close. they're in Covington,Va... But he'll set u up with a winter,summer and all out tune... Along with ton of knowledge that will come in handy
Bdukes55 (04-18-2014)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Supercharger Tuner Needed