Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Suggestions for mods?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 12:07 AM
Www.ableinspector.com

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Suggestions for mods?

Hello everyone, my first Ford ever, been a Chevy guy all my life, with one Dodge in the mix. Love the truck so far.

I wanted the EB, but it was $1700 more after rebates so I chose the 5.0 and am happy with the decision.

I would like to get a few more ponies out of it, and slightly improve the sound. Quiet on the highway, growl when I get into it a bit.

Emailed 5 star, really happy with their response. Also emailed SCT, their response sucked big time - to sum it up, figure it out yourself, and find one of our dealers on your own.

Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking cat back, air intake and a tuner that I can erase when I take it in for service. I prefer actual experience replies, but any help is appreciated.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go with 5star. Best mod u could possibly do first. Then maybe full exhaust and an intake
Old 12-06-2011, 09:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fox04
Go with 5star. Best mod u could possibly do first. Then maybe full exhaust and an intake
And dont half *** it get a performance 93oct tune and actually use it for a while.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:01 AM
ETTYOCEO ®

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I have not looked around much at other performance shops but I agree that Mike@5Star has to be the best all around merchant reseller and custom shop out there. He did wonders just on the tune for me and when aFe did not package the intake to filter adapter he took care of it and I had it in less then a week.

I am comparing him not only to the automotive market but to every merchant I have dealt with to date. He is a good ol' boy that really cares.

You are in luck also.. It looks like the 5.0 is his major focus on the F150 platform as well.

Quick Reply: Suggestions for mods?