Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Stainless Works Chambered exhaust review

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 12:28 AM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Stainless Works Chambered exhaust review

In short: Nice sound pipe.
Long: My truck is one of the low gas mileage Eco's so I was optimistically hoping to accomplish the following with a new cat-back exhaust;
1.) Improve flow & gas mileage.
2.) Increase hp & tq
3.) Obtain a nice exhaust tone (but not too loud).
After checking out the exhaust threads, I decided to pick up the StainlessWorks Chambered system before the holidays. It arrived nicely packaged & looked well designed & relatively simple to install (requires 1 cut in pipe for 145" trucks). However, I was surprised to see that the Chambered muffler "looks" more restrictive & less free flowing than the stock system . Due to the weather, I had a local shop install it.
At start up, idle & take off there is a nice satisfying deep tone & rumble. It sounds really good without being loud or raspy. At cruising speed, there is a slight low bass humm that can be heard in the cab (need to turn radio up a couple clicks). After driving this, I would not want a louder exhaust as I think a louder exhaust would be tiring at cruising speeds. Overall, I would say that I'm very satisfied with the sound. However, I'm a bit disappointed that the company has not yet published any performance data. I have now used 1 tank of gas and my gas mileage has Not improved.
So far, it has only accomplished 1 of my objectives, sound, but I'm hopeful someone will be able to provide some positive dyno results. I really think people need to know what these pipes do or don't do for performance because it's a bit much to do this for just sound alone.
Looking forward to others impressions, reviews & tests.

Last edited by Mmac; 01-10-2013 at 07:39 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mmac:
aai (01-10-2013), captainnemojr (01-10-2013)
Old 01-10-2013, 08:08 AM

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

Only further proves why I'm not spending that kind of money on a cat back. Glad you like the sound though.
The following users liked this post:
yotehunter (01-10-2013)
Old 01-10-2013, 08:16 AM

Received 179 Likes on 143 Posts

I think catback exhausts are done primarily for sound. The chambered muffler might be a little more restrictive than stock but removing the 2.5" kinks in the exhaust probably offset that loss of flow in the muffler. SW is definitely one of the best sounding systems out there but unless you do downpipes then there's probably no gain in power.

Quick Reply: Stainless Works Chambered exhaust review