Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

SSi 93 TRex tune, 1st 24 hrs

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 02:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SSi 93 TRex tune Eco

This tune is amazing!! So much power! The throttle is super responsive. I never thought I could spin 35" tires like this. I've had half a dozen lifted/big tire trucks and it was always assumed that you had to deal with a little power and mpg loss. I mean you can regear and add a few bolt ons but you never really get that stock power back.

Until now! I put about 100 or miles on the truck since the TRex tune and I am amazed that my truck is way, way more powerful than is was before the lift and tires. I also am seeing 2 maybe 3 mpg's better!

I also woke up this morning to 4-6 inches of snow. I was a little concerned that I would spin a little too easy but the truck actually did very well. I had to keep pretty light on the throttle. I was in 4x4 the whole time as the roads were completely covered. I imagine the rear would have been pretty loose if I was in 2wd. The only issue I had was climbing a mtn. I work at a ski resort and I noticed when the incline got steeper the truck wanted to add more power than I had traction for so I spun a few times. This normally wouldn't have happened with the weaker stock tune. I can see how a TRex snow tune could be helpful with this.

All in all I am very very pleased with the TRex tune! Thanks again Shawn and SSi!

Last edited by Buster Saunders; 03-18-2014 at 01:17 PM.
Old 03-17-2014, 02:21 PM

Received 325 Likes on 223 Posts

Good review.

Yes, I have run the TREX SnI early iteration tunes (2 so far) and am testing another couple this evening. It's my goal through the data and clear and honest observation we will end up with a product that any EB owner would be more than pleased to have in their truck and that would work well in 99.9% - the other .1% being running the strip - of driving situations. Smooth power delivery without any flat spots or want for something more.

Glad you are happy with the tune.
Old 03-17-2014, 02:37 PM

Yes, very happy with the tune!

It could be that some of the snow issues i was having is due to the fact that i may not be fully used to the new tune. Its almost like driving a new truck. The snow's gunna stick around for a while, I'll let you guys know how it goes.
Old 03-17-2014, 03:28 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How long did you guys wait to get the tune?
Old 03-17-2014, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Black17
How long did you guys wait to get the tune?
Ordered Friday midday, delivered Sunday morning.

I already had a SCT Livewire. I just ordered the tune. I had lots of questions regarding the tune. SSi was on the ball contacting me only a few hours after I sent them emails, and this was over a weekend.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:27 PM

Received 130 Likes on 101 Posts

Thanks for the review Buster, it is amazing isn't it?
Old 03-17-2014, 05:41 PM
Senior Member/Vietnam Vet

Received 539 Likes on 369 Posts

I am waiting for JWanck11 to finish testing the new snow tune so I can get it. I love my T4 Snow & Ice and the new one should be even smoother and more powerful. I work at a ski resort too and have had no trouble getting there.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by SkiSmuggs
I am waiting for JWanck11 to finish testing the new snow tune so I can get it. I love my T4 Snow & Ice and the new one should be even smoother and more powerful. I work at a ski resort too and have had no trouble getting there.
Yeah, it sounds like its gunna be a good winter tune.

Ski resort huh? Smuggs? Upper Northeast Kingdom. I love VT. My fiance is from Rutland. Im up there a lot. Gunna be at Mt. Snow in a few weeks for Cutter's Camp.

Last edited by Buster Saunders; 03-17-2014 at 05:58 PM.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:57 PM

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Hope ya have a cool dealership.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by ecoboost clark
Hope ya have a cool dealership.
Thanks for the concern.

70k miles. Warranty was gone long ago

Quick Reply: SSi 93 TRex tune, 1st 24 hrs