Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Solo offraod pipe

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 06:21 AM

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Solo offraod pipe

Hello everybody.

I want to know if one of you have install the solo offraod pipe with resonator on the pipe?
I just don t know if i go whit i flow cat or offraod pipe... For sure i will not install the mr400 but the mach 46.
I tow each day of the week and i don t want no drone in my truck.
Now i have flopro 4 inch and it s sound very bad.
Or i have to go whit stainless works?
Thanks to you
Old 03-09-2013, 08:39 PM
2011 XLT XTR SCrew 4x4 EB

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Bonjour Crash,

I had the Solo catted high flow pipe on for a whole summer worth of towing our 27 foot travel trailer. I have the pipe off right now because my dealer is a ***** but that's another point.

Anyway, the combo of the down pipe and the Solo Dual cat back was just about as loud as I would want. Actually, I had Solo install one of their resonators in front of the muffler so that when I put the down pipe back on it will be a little quieter while towing. I'm wondering if the best option for you would be the high flow down pipe and the factory cat back.

The thing that makes your situation hard is that your towing every day. Any cat back system might be too loud. It might sound great (and my system did) but it might be too much of a good thing for every day towing.

Just a thought.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:53 PM

Received 153 Likes on 103 Posts

I second boosted, I love my exhuast...sound clip is my Mach-X review thread. I can already imagine that while towing it's gonna be steadily noticeable...but then again it's worth it to me because it sounds so nice...but I would NOT want it any louder.

I think looking into a resonator with the 46 muffler on the mr400 would be a much better option for towing.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by BoostedFitz
Bonjour Crash,

I had the Solo catted high flow pipe on for a whole summer worth of towing our 27 foot travel trailer. I have the pipe off right now because my dealer is a ***** but that's another point.

Anyway, the combo of the down pipe and the Solo Dual cat back was just about as loud as I would want. Actually, I had Solo install one of their resonators in front of the muffler so that when I put the down pipe back on it will be a little quieter while towing. I'm wondering if the best option for you would be the high flow down pipe and the factory cat back.

The thing that makes your situation hard is that your towing every day. Any cat back system might be too loud. It might sound great (and my system did) but it might be too much of a good thing for every day towing.

Just a thought.
Damn ok but for me loud is one thing. I want no drone in the truck. If i install the solo cat downpipe , the solo downpipe whit the cat
have a resonator on it . I like the look of solo.
Now i have flo pro 4 inch and i don t like the sound. The reason i want to change the dowpipe if for the HP but if you said it s gonna be to loud i am not sure dude . If i only take the solo dual exhaust or single whit mach 46 ? Do you think it will be good?
Old 03-10-2013, 09:48 AM

Received 153 Likes on 103 Posts

I can tell you for sure that you should not have any drone inside the cab with the mach-x dual. Interesting thing about this set-up is how equal the pressure is from both pipes.

In mach-x review thread I just posted a vid from the inside of my cab WITH rear window open. Solo's claim to fame is "No Drone" so I doubt you'd have "drone"....but I don't see how going to the off-road might not get TOO loud for towing a lot. Check out my video and see just how loud that is to your taste and then decide if you still have room in your opinion for the downpipe.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:00 AM

Received 179 Likes on 143 Posts

Videos don't show the true loudness inside the truck. Ill say it again crash, if you want to be happy the do the downpipes and keep stock catback. Interior sound will be too much for you any other way.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:19 AM

I know your right jowee but i love the look of solo.

I think i will keep the downpipe and just change the catback. That s what i have now whit flopro 4 inch and i add a diesel resonator and the sound is quiet but bad . Anyway i sell this kit last week thats why i need another kit.

In your opinion if i keep the stock cat and add a solo 4 inch with jpipe and put mach 46 ?
What you think about it ?
Old 03-10-2013, 10:29 AM

Off road pipe whit stock catback ? Sounds good
Or HF catdown pipe ? What is the diff in hp between OR pipe and HF cat?
Old 03-10-2013, 11:40 AM
2011 XLT XTR SCrew 4x4 EB

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Almost no difference in power.

Crash,

I just sent you the longest pm in history. Check your messages.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:20 PM

Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts

For the difference in power....why not keep it legal with HF catted downpipes.
I also noticed on solo's website that their catted downpipes (off road as well) have a resonater built into it. Anybody want to comment on the noise in the cab.
The reason i ask is this, i want to add one of their resonaters onto my truck...down the road i would like to do some catted downpipes, but they also have a resonater on them, which would make two.
Or are they using them for overall sound.
I have to get this done before towing the tt this year...as it was alittle much when towing with constant drone

Quick Reply: Solo offraod pipe