So who is running the canned SCT tunes on the eco? - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans



So who is running the canned SCT tunes on the eco?

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-04-2012, 11:53 PM   #1
Keepin' the lights on!
Thread Starter
 
Watt-maker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: BFE, NM
Posts: 1,756
Thanked 210 Times in 150 Posts
Default So who is running the canned SCT tunes on the eco?

I hear a lot about 5 Star and MPT but anyone just going with SCT? What tune are you running and do you do any towing with it? Any chance to compare with a custom tune?
Watt-maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:56 PM   #2
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 39
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

All depends on what u want to do with the truck. I have purchased the MPT 93 race tune and it has resulted in the best 60' at the track, less than desirable shifting. Mike just sent me a revision so I haven't tried the new tune yet. The 5-star 93tow is great for everyday driving on 93 octane, it's very responsive. So far my best ET AND MPH at the track has been on the canned SCT tune. So it really depends on your goals with the truck. Hope this helped.
Only306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:16 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
2011FX4boost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 606
Thanked 38 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only306
All depends on what u want to do with the truck. I have purchased the MPT 93 race tune and it has resulted in the best 60' at the track, less than desirable shifting. Mike just sent me a revision so I haven't tried the new tune yet. The 5-star 93tow is great for everyday driving on 93 octane, it's very responsive. So far my best ET AND MPH at the track has been on the canned SCT tune. So it really depends on your goals with the truck. Hope this helped.
I have been drag racing for many years and always thought that your 60 ft depends more on getting your tires to hook. This depends on how your suspension is set up and the tires that you are using. Also the air pressure in your tires. Not trying to burst your bubble but you can't sell a tune on better 60 fts.
2011FX4boost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:42 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
SICKQK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tuxedo NY
Posts: 163
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watt-maker View Post
I hear a lot about 5 Star and MPT but anyone just going with SCT? What tune are you running and do you do any towing with it? Any chance to compare with a custom tune?
Hey Ron, I've been running the SCT 93 octane canned tune for several months. No real complaints. The truck is incredibly strong and gas mileage is good. The 2 to 3 shift is very hard when WOT....that's pretty much the only thing I might change.

I've said it before it's the best bang-for-the-buck out there IMO. $299 turned the truck into a monster when you jump on it.....just as civilized as stock when going easy.

I've been trying to get back to the track with the tuner installed but I've had an unbelievable run of bad weather and scheduling conflicts that got in the way. Hopefully by Sunday of next week I will have been there, and will report results. I know just from the seat of the pants feel that the truck is going to turn some really good times. The rest of the truck is completely stock BTW.

-Mark-
SICKQK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:56 PM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 39
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011FX4boost

I have been drag racing for many years and always thought that your 60 ft depends more on getting your tires to hook. This depends on how your suspension is set up and the tires that you are using. Also the air pressure in your tires. Not trying to burst your bubble but you can't sell a tune on better 60 fts.
I have been drag racing for a long time and you mean to tell me that if you make more power ur 60' won't change. The MPT Tune could have more boost resulting in a better 60'
Only306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:09 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
2011FX4boost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 606
Thanked 38 Times in 35 Posts
Default

More power with street tires is just going to make the tires spin more, come on now buddy. It might help a small amount but not that much, they just dont hook properly. Now if you tell me you are running drag radials or slicks then I would agree.

Last edited by 2011FX4boost; 10-07-2012 at 01:38 AM.
2011FX4boost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:16 AM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 39
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

There are so many factors that can affect 60'. Tires, tire pressure, track prep, ambient temp, weight of the vehicle, launch RPM, suspension, application of the accelerator, 4wd vs 2wd. When u make almost 50+ passes in the same vehicle and don't make any changes except tune and of course can't control weather and the 60' changes it likely means either the vehicle is accelerating more quickly or the BM I had during the intermission changed the weight of the vehicle. Remember we are talking about a truck that only has about 360+ hp and leaving in 4wd. We are not talking about pro stock or adjustable 4 link suspension cars. The gentleman that started the thread that u hijacked is simply asking about canned tunes and I provide my track tested results. If I had an extra $600 I would love to try Livernois Tuner but I don't.
Only306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:33 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
2011FX4boost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 606
Thanked 38 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only306
There are so many factors that can affect 60'. Tires, tire pressure, track prep, ambient temp, weight of the vehicle, launch RPM, suspension, application of the accelerator, 4wd vs 2wd. When u make almost 50+ passes in the same vehicle and don't make any changes except tune and of course can't control weather and the 60' changes it likely means either the vehicle is accelerating more quickly or the BM I had during the intermission changed the weight of the vehicle. Remember we are talking about a truck that only has about 360+ hp and leaving in 4wd. We are not talking about pro stock or adjustable 4 link suspension cars. The gentleman that started the thread that u hijacked is simply asking about canned tunes and I provide my track tested results. If I had an extra $600 I would love to try Livernois Tuner but I don't.
You are exactly right on all of the variables. I'm running the Livernois 93v2. I can't bring myself to track my truck due to having a Roush Mustang that ran 10.68 Before purchasing the truck. I just don't feel I could do that to myself. I had $70,000 in my car and don't wanna do the same with this one lol. I wasn't trying to thread jack. I just didn't want anyone to be mislead. Sorry to the original poster and sorry if I was a Lil harsh.

Last edited by 2011FX4boost; 10-07-2012 at 11:35 AM.
2011FX4boost is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 2011FX4boost For This Useful Post:
mhookit (10-08-2012)
Old 10-07-2012, 04:00 PM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 39
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011FX4boost View Post
You are exactly right on all of the variables. I'm running the Livernois 93v2. I can't bring myself to track my truck due to having a Roush Mustang that ran 10.68 Before purchasing the truck. I just don't feel I could do that to myself. I had $70,000 in my car and don't wanna do the same with this one lol. I wasn't trying to thread jack. I just didn't want anyone to be mislead. Sorry to the original poster and sorry if I was a Lil harsh.
I know how you feel. That's why I'm racing my truck hoping it will motivate me to start running my low 10 sec turbo mustang. I took 3 yrs away from that car because racing it 2-3x/wk takes a toll on you and takes away from my family always wrenching to make it to the next race....
Only306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:27 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
2011FX4boost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 606
Thanked 38 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only306

I know how you feel. That's why I'm racing my truck hoping it will motivate me to start running my low 10 sec turbo mustang. I took 3 yrs away from that car because racing it 2-3x/wk takes a toll on you and takes away from my family always wrenching to make it to the next race....
Yep my fiancé hated my car because I had the same routine
2011FX4boost is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Just Bought New F150! Need Wheels, Tune, Intake & MORE Plz Help. larry_chip 2015 - Present Ford F150 12 02-12-2016 05:46 PM
Alarm system? Thlorian General F150 Discussion 5 12-03-2015 08:51 PM
2012 F150 Reverse Lights Dan 0 General F150 Discussion 4 09-05-2015 09:48 AM
Photo shop request Summers22 General F150 Discussion 4 09-04-2015 07:17 PM
Need to replace headlight switch in my 2013 f150, help Melect 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 8 09-04-2015 12:34 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:39 AM.


Copyright © 2006 - 2016 F150Forum.com