Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Shudder problem and idle rpm going up to 3000 RPM

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 07:25 PM
oya

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Shudder problem and idle rpm going up to 3000 RPM

Hi guys,
Tonight while getting back home after work my truck shudder when leaving a stop sign. when i got home I backed in the driveway and I stopped at the garage door, when I pressed on the throttle to get in the garage it did it again. I pulled out of the garage accelerated and stopped three times to the road and it did it every time. I felt like the engine was not running right

At the end of my driveway I put it in neutral and the RPM slowly ramped up at 3000 revs and stayed there for 10 sec until I shut the truck off.

Started it back and backed up in the garage and everything was fine.

I'll probably call the dealer tomorrow now only the sales guys are there.

Truck is a 2013 xlt 163'' WB hd payload with the 5.0
Old 03-07-2014, 10:40 AM

Default Shudder problem and idle rpm going up to 3000 rpm

OYA,

See my posts under shudder at start. While my problem isn't exactly like yours (no 3000 rpm surges) they have eliminated the shudder I was feeling between 1500/1800 rpm's. Hope it helps.
Old 03-10-2014, 09:59 AM
Ford Customer Service

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by oya
Hi guys,
Tonight while getting back home after work my truck shudder when leaving a stop sign. when i got home I backed in the driveway and I stopped at the garage door, when I pressed on the throttle to get in the garage it did it again. I pulled out of the garage accelerated and stopped three times to the road and it did it every time. I felt like the engine was not running right

At the end of my driveway I put it in neutral and the RPM slowly ramped up at 3000 revs and stayed there for 10 sec until I shut the truck off.

Started it back and backed up in the garage and everything was fine.

I'll probably call the dealer tomorrow now only the sales guys are there.

Truck is a 2013 xlt 163'' WB hd payload with the 5.0
Hi oya,

Have you been able to get the concern diagnosed by your dealer? Please send me more details including your odometer reading and I'll see what I can do.

Bianca
Old 03-12-2014, 12:03 AM
oya

Hi,
Sorry for not replying earlier I was out of town for work.
The next morning I passed by my uncle garage to get it checked if he could find anything on the computer but everything was fine. and told me that since that day was really cold (around -30*C) it could've been moisture frozen on a sensor or something like this.

since that one time it didn't happened again so it didn't worries me to much, I'll talk to the dealer about it when I'll take it in for the oil change this spring.

Thanks
Old 03-13-2014, 08:07 AM
Ford Customer Service

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by oya
Hi,
Sorry for not replying earlier I was out of town for work.
The next morning I passed by my uncle garage to get it checked if he could find anything on the computer but everything was fine. and told me that since that day was really cold (around -30*C) it could've been moisture frozen on a sensor or something like this.

since that one time it didn't happened again so it didn't worries me to much, I'll talk to the dealer about it when I'll take it in for the oil change this spring.

Thanks
Hi oya,

I'm happy to hear everything is OK for now. If the problem persists, please reach out to me and I'll look into some options.

Bianca

Quick Reply: Shudder problem and idle rpm going up to 3000 RPM