Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

SCT Livewire TS Questions..

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 01:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SCT Livewire TS Questions..

Hi All, I just installed bigger wheels/tires on my '11 ecoboost and now feel the need for a tuner. Drivability and my towing performance really took a beating with the bigger tires. Plus my speedo being off nearly 10% bothers me.

I tow regularly, so i like the idea of the SCT Livewire TS device, so that I can monitor gauges. However, I have a couple questions..

1) Has the issue of turning on/off been resolved? I read that it was killing a lot of guys batteries.

2) For a stock truck are the custom tunes really that different from the canned SCT tunes? I don't plan to add intake/exhaust etc. Just the tune.

3) What are my options for custom tunes? Am I correct in that Livernois does not tune for the SCT? So that leaves 5* and MPT correct ?

4) Can this device really disable the TPMS warning? I've read conflicting reports on this.

Thanks!
Old 10-31-2012, 01:29 PM
F150 Forum

Received 101 Likes on 59 Posts

1) Has the issue of turning on/off been resolved? I read that it was killing a lot of guys batteries.

Current status is if you are not going to drive daily, turn it off manually or unplug. If you drive daily, no worries. I'm not saying this is acceptable, just current. SCT is aware of the issue, and are working on a firmware update that will make the sleep mode on the livewire ts not drain batteries. It's original intent was to sleep after 2 min, turn off after 2 days. So mark this as pending as of now.

2) For a stock truck are the custom tunes really that different from the canned SCT tunes? I don't plan to add intake/exhaust etc. Just the tune.

Yes, read the reviews out there. People are loving the preloaded tunes compared to stock, and loving the custom tunes compared to preloaded. MPT offers the tunes free with purchase so win win.

3) What are my options for custom tunes? Am I correct in that Livernois does not tune for the SCT? So that leaves 5* and MPT correct ?

There are tons of companies out there that offer custom tuning, that one is on you.

4) Can this device really disable the TPMS warning? I've read conflicting reports on this.

The option is mainly to adjust the TPMS range for different tires, not exactly to fix when the sensor is not present. I may be wrong here, but that is my belief.

We have the option to use any tuner we want, and on both our 2012 Ecoboost and F250 Diesel we have the Livewire TS. It's by far the best tuner out there even considering the battery pending issue.
The following users liked this post:
Bushtree (10-31-2012)
Old 10-31-2012, 01:40 PM

Thanks Mike! I went ahead and ordered the Livewire TS on Monday.. Wish you had replied earlier as I purchased from another vendor already. I might have to get some MPT tunes though and try them out anyways!
Old 11-14-2012, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mike@MPT

Current status is if you are not going to drive daily, turn it off manually or unplug. If you drive daily, no worries. I'm not saying this is acceptable, just current. SCT is aware of the issue, and are working on a firmware update that will make the sleep mode on the livewire ts not drain batteries. It's original intent was to sleep after 2 min, turn off after 2 days. So mark this as pending as of now.
Just an update for everyone else considering this unit... This is still not resolved. I drive my truck daily, and am waking up to a dead battery each morning. I can no longer keep the unit in my truck.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:03 PM
F150 Forum

Received 101 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Bushtree
Just an update for everyone else considering this unit... This is still not resolved. I drive my truck daily, and am waking up to a dead battery each morning. I can no longer keep the unit in my truck.
The fix is pending, if all goes well the new firmware will be released and should be available via the auto update SCT Device Updater.

Quick Reply: SCT Livewire TS Questions..