Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

SCT Livewire TS issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 12:31 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Default SCT Livewire TS issues

I'll skip the details but I have at least 6 hours of phone support logged with SCT for various issues. The device has been returned to SCT twice after being bricked by remote.

My latest issue is not being able to return to stock. If go to device info it says its married to vehicle??
This happened the other day when SCT was open and they got me going again by saving the stock file and then reloading it.

I cant remember or figure out how they did it.

Really disappointed with the device. Everytime I try to switch tunes or update the device it fails.

Anyone know how to load the stock file back on the device?

This error message is when trying to return to stock.

SCT Livewire TS issues-photo-1-.jpg
Old 05-18-2013, 06:17 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Man I hate to see this because I was about to purchase a Livewire TS. Have you tried completely disconnecting the device for a few minutes? I also saw a video where an SCT froze up and cycling the key got it going again.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:35 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah, tried all that the first time around. I'm pretty sure they have to have the engineer re load the stock .lbu file or something. It's a proprietary process only they can do.

The tech did suggest I try using a different strategy. Makes me feel like their beta tester. Seems they may suspect the device works better with some strategies than others.

The tech also hinted that one of my custom tunes could be causing an issue since it disables the ability to use the per loaded tunes that come on the device. Probably not the case.

The device is definitely quirky but I don't see anyone else complaining. It's really the only device to get with all it's features.... When they work.

Quick Reply: SCT Livewire TS issues