Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Roush Intake and Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 11:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roush Intake and Exhaust

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and have a 2012 XTR with the 5.0L. I'm looking at the Roush intake and exhaust. My question is, are they worth it?

Thanks
Old 12-10-2012, 05:56 AM
Mark

Received 2,416 Likes on 2,117 Posts

Originally Posted by 2012RedXTR
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and have a 2012 XTR with the 5.0L. I'm looking at the Roush intake and exhaust. My question is, are they worth it?

Thanks
How much are they ??
Old 12-10-2012, 05:20 PM

Received 270 Likes on 191 Posts

Are they worth it for what? What are you expecting? If you're expecting 30HP and plus 3 MPG it ain't going to happen.

The truth is that you'll see like 5HP, maybe 10HP with the stock tune. The most power to be had on these trucks are in the tune for sure. The stock exhaust has no power to be gained unless you replaced the stock Y-pipe. The stock intake is also pretty good.

I Replaced my stock exhaust with dual from the cats back and bought a different intake but with my tune I spin 6700rpm before I shift so I can actually see some gain. Even with my setup I would say I really didn't gain anything below 4k, it's all top end were I gained power and mostly because my tunes.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:24 AM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

In my opinion they are worth it in fun/cool factor, but I'm the type of person that likes a louder car.

I installed them both on my truck before it hit 1000 miles. You can search my threads to see my write-ups.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stolen 98
In my opinion they are worth it in fun/cool factor, but I'm the type of person that likes a louder car.

I installed them both on my truck before it hit 1000 miles. You can search my threads to see my write-ups.

Sweet, I'm looking for a little more sound and from what I have been told by a good friend of mine who installed the kit on his 5.0 the mileage even goes up a hair. I'm not expecting much in the way of mileage.

The intake and exhaust will run me around a grand Canadian for the pair.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:50 PM

Received 270 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by 2012RedXTR
Sweet, I'm looking for a little more sound and from what I have been told by a good friend of mine who installed the kit on his 5.0 the mileage even goes up a hair. I'm not expecting much in the way of mileage.

The intake and exhaust will run me around a grand Canadian for the pair.
The pair will get you ALOT more sound. If that's what you want then go for it. Personally if I hadn't gone with dual exhaust I would have just replaced the muffler with a straight pipe and left the resonator in place. I've ran full straight pipe on my truck and it's stupid loud under anything more than light throttle.

I'm actually considering removing my magnaflow muffler and just running dual resonators as I do have some drone but want it a little bit louder under full throttle. Anyone want to cheaply sell their stock resonator?

Quick Reply: Roush Intake and Exhaust