Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Replacing Spark Plugs 6.2L Engine

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 10:59 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Replacing Spark Plugs 6.2L Engine

I've searched and not found any info on replacing spark plugs on the 6.2L engine. Does anybody change their own plugs? What did you use and do you have any suggestions on the best way to get at them. I've thought about doing my own after the Stealer quoted me 287.00 plus parts.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:41 PM

Received 157 Likes on 124 Posts

Considering there is 16 of them to go through that's what... 2.5 hours book time maybe... not terrible. I might do them myself eventually as they don't look too bad to do at all. If you want a know how just type your question in a search engine. Plenty of SuperDuty owners on other sites have done it...
Old 05-02-2014, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Badass69
Considering there is 16 of them to go through that's what... 2.5 hours book time maybe... not terrible. I might do them myself eventually as they don't look too bad to do at all. If you want a know how just type your question in a search engine. Plenty of SuperDuty owners on other sites have done it...
Thanks Badass69, I'm planning to do them myself. I just wanted some opinions on how others have gone about it. I was thinking maybe pull the front wheels and maybe have better access that way???

I'll check out the Superduty forum.
Old 05-02-2014, 06:13 PM

Yeah I have been looking at my outers to see what kind of room we have. I think the passenger side is fine as is. Drivers will be tighter. The ones on the intake side look pretty easy to do. I am going to put on long tubes fairly soon... probably just after my HP tuners software I ordered today shows up so I can get it tuned. Then I can toss my SCT handheld. I'm sure the headers won't make it any easier lol.
Old 05-03-2014, 09:12 AM

Yeah I have been looking at my outers to see what kind of room we have. I think the passenger side is fine as is. Drivers will be tighter. The ones on the intake side look pretty easy to do. I am going to put on long tubes fairly soon... probably just after my HP tuners software I ordered today shows up so I can get it tuned. Then I can toss my SCT handheld. I'm sure the headers won't make it any easier lol.
If you don't mind my asking, what are you tuning for and tuner you are using?
I was thinking about tuning for better gas mileage. I didn't know if it would be worth it and how much MPG I could pickup. I'm getting 15 around town and have gotten as high as 18 on the interstate. I don't have a heavy foot. I'm 71 and retired so I'm not in a hurry anymore.

My Truck is totally stock.
Old 05-03-2014, 12:11 PM

Received 98 Likes on 79 Posts

I'll let ford do it at 100k miles.
Old 05-03-2014, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by 11lim
If you don't mind my asking, what are you tuning for and tuner you are using?
I was thinking about tuning for better gas mileage. I didn't know if it would be worth it and how much MPG I could pickup. I'm getting 15 around town and have gotten as high as 18 on the interstate. I don't have a heavy foot. I'm 71 and retired so I'm not in a hurry anymore.

My Truck is totally stock.
I'm tuning the truck with HP tuners software. They have been around for ages with mostly GM stuff and are now finally supporting more Ford stuff. The tuner? Me. I have tuned with EFILive on my GM trucks and have no qualms tackling this Ford. I have zero luck with having anyone else do anything for me and that includes this SCT custom route I have initially tried.

You won't get better mileage really. The power down low in my opinion is worth it as these trucks are extremely held back stock. But if that doesn't matter your mileage in my opinion won't improve anything you will notice.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:55 AM

I'm tuning the truck with HP tuners software. They have been around for ages with mostly GM stuff and are now finally supporting more Ford stuff. The tuner? Me. I have tuned with EFILive on my GM trucks and have no qualms tackling this Ford. I have zero luck with having anyone else do anything for me and that includes this SCT custom route I have initially tried.

You won't get better mileage really. The power down low in my opinion is worth it as these trucks are extremely held back stock. But if that doesn't matter your mileage in my opinion won't improve anything you will notice.
Thanks for the info. I was kinda thinking along those lines. The 6.2L has plenty of HP for me the way it is.

Quick Reply: Replacing Spark Plugs 6.2L Engine