Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Question for you fellas running Solo Exhaust on your Ecos.

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 04:15 PM

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Question for you fellas running Solo Exhaust on your Ecos.

I am looking at buying a system for my Eco next month. I am stuck between the Mach-X Duals, MR400, or Mach46 setup. I'm curious to find out what the MR400 really sounds like. Some pleople say its to loud....... I don't know! What I am really looking for is more Turbo Whistle! What setup do you all recommend. Here is the truck as it sits now.
2" HB and 275/70R18s. Whatever system I get I will probably plasti-dip the exhaust tips black. I'm not a big fan of chrome!
Old 04-11-2013, 08:05 AM

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Hmmmm............no input or opinions!?
Old 04-11-2013, 08:31 AM

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Mach dual x thats what i have and its nice
The following users liked this post:
Mudweiser (04-11-2013)
Old 04-11-2013, 08:48 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I had the MR400 and the Mach46 on my truck and they both sounded too ricer to me- like a hive of angry bees was stuck in the muffler when accelerating. Just could not make myself or others that drive my truck like the sound so I went back to stock (sound is very subjective though). I would buy another cat-back in an instant if one could be made to sound somewhat quiet and tougher...
Mudweiser (04-11-2013)
Old 04-11-2013, 12:49 PM

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

MR400 - Angry bees anything above 3500 rpms. I hated it
Mach 46 - Deeper tone and controlled the exhaust throughout the powerband. No angry bees.
Mach X - No experience.

If I had to do it again, i'd skip the catback and go with catless downpipes with the OEM catback. When I'm ready to change up my setup, I'm going this route and this is what I'd recommend at this point. Especially if you're chasing turbo whistle.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:56 PM

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

I'm pretty much in agreement w/Shadow. I have the Mach X and the system is top of the line but still trying to adjust to the ricer sound. The guys at Solo are great and even gave me a great price on a resonator to add.........still not the sound I was hoping for.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:26 PM

Received 100 Likes on 73 Posts

I have the Solo 4" w/Mach46 and I don't think I would put it in the category of ricer? More like a piped six! To me, as much as I hate to admit it, it purrs like a motor boat (wife's description), but sounds more like a piped Cummins when you get on it!
It is easier to get used to than one might think, and I get a lot of compliments on the sound!
From what I can tell by video clips, I think the sound of the Full Race is similar? Ask Geno51, as I think he has had both?
Old 04-11-2013, 09:56 PM
Chevy Eater

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's a 3.5 liter six cylinder engine bro. The exhaust on my Ecoboost is pretty freaking loud but I dig it. If you try to pull an 8 cylinder sound out of a tiny v6, you're gonna have a bad time.
FlameBlueFX4 (04-11-2013)
Old 04-11-2013, 10:29 PM

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm trying to decide which to buy also....so this thread is helpful for sure !

Has anyone with any of the SOLO systems noticed any changes (+ or -) in power ? How about MPG's ?? Was thinking of doing a CAI and cat-back, but now wondering if I will do either after reading more threads from real-world users' experiences. A lot of people have pulled their CAIs off and gone back to stock. And seems the exhaust is 50/50 too.....

Might be the down tube/stock cat-back (and stock intake) idea is the best way to get serious gains....without a tune that is.......
Old 04-12-2013, 06:28 AM

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by taperk600
I'm trying to decide which to buy also....so this thread is helpful for sure !

Has anyone with any of the SOLO systems noticed any changes (+ or -) in power ? How about MPG's ?? Was thinking of doing a CAI and cat-back, but now wondering if I will do either after reading more threads from real-world users' experiences. A lot of people have pulled their CAIs off and gone back to stock. And seems the exhaust is 50/50 too.....

Might be the down tube/stock cat-back (and stock intake) idea is the best way to get serious gains....without a tune that is.......
No mpg gain for me maybe if you drive like grandpa you will save gas but when you installed exhauts and cai it s for good ride

Quick Reply: Question for you fellas running Solo Exhaust on your Ecos.