Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

pickuptrucks.com ecoboost article

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 01:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pickuptrucks.com ecoboost article

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2011/05...boost-v-6.html
Old 05-12-2011, 03:16 PM

Thanks.

We all want to learn how to void our warranty. Ford has already told the techs to start looking for mods such as messing with the boost gate and changing out exhaust components to decrease back pressure. I bet your high flow cats will void the warranty.

I for one ain't paying 50k for a truck and void the warranty to gain 30hp.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:35 PM
FX4 SCrew TT'd V6

Received 125 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by truckercarl

Then don't
Old 05-12-2011, 04:37 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mrpositraction
Then don't
^^^^
AGREED
Old 05-12-2011, 05:12 PM

Thanks.

We all want to learn how to void our warranty. Ford has already told the techs to start looking for mods such as messing with the boost gate and changing out exhaust components to decrease back pressure. I bet your high flow cats will void the warranty.

Wow, I forget how many people think the world revolves around them. Thanks for reminding me.

I spent 50k on my truck and I am waiting patiently (actually not so patiently), for there to be more aftermarket for it. I want a good tune, exhaust, or anything else that will help me squeeze out a few extra hp. If you don't, that's cool to. Not everyone will be interested in the same thing.

And for all the voiding of warranty talk thats goin on around here PLEASE, PLEASE stop. Nothing has changed as pertained to the warranty. Ford, along with every other auto manufacturer out there, has always voided warranties if something breaks, or goes bad do to an aftermarket part. And they can only void the affected portion. So if you put on an exhaust, and your windshield wipers stop working, they would still be covered under warranty.

And to Nick@fastlane, I hope you guys keep up the work, and come up with something soon to cure my itch for more hp. I'll be following your posts closely.

Last edited by Kitts; 05-12-2011 at 05:44 PM.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:36 PM

Please check out the Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act. A dealer can't void your warranty for no reason.

Thanks.

Old 05-12-2011, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Nick@Fastlane
Please check out the Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act. A dealer can't void your warranty for no reason.
He has a reason. He can track your tunes, and see that you have changed boost pressure and messed with air/fuel ratio among other things. This is all he needs for proof. you better go read the TSB on how the techs are instructed to take data and save it for denial of warranty claims on the ecoboost and 6.7 engines.

The consumer will have to spend thousands of dollars in court trying to prove to Ford that your tuner or other aftermarket part didn't cause the problem. How many average guys have the money to fight Ford in court over this? Cheaper to foot the repair bill.

Better go read the story of the 6.7 guy that modded his and ended up eating a huge repair bill. More to come, you have been warned.

If you have such faith in the Magnusson-Moss act, lets see you put a statement on your products that they will not void Fords warranty and you will stand behind your products with YOUR money if Ford denies a warranty claim.

Ford learned their lesson with the 6.0, it ain't gonna happen again. Now every service ticket sent in for repair to the diesels and the ecoboosts is went over with a fine tooth comb. If it's kicked back from Ford and not paid, then Mr. Customer has to pay cause the dealer sure the crap aint going too

Now if the customer wants to play, then he better be ready to have his warranty voided as it will happen. No more "hey lets revert back to stock" and take it in and get it fixed on Ford's dime". What you dummies don't realize is that when you screw Ford, you screw everybody- The shareholder, Ford employees, and all vehicle owners due to higher prices
Old 05-12-2011, 08:02 PM

He has a reason. He can track your tunes, and see that you have changed boost pressure and messed with air/fuel ratio among other things. This is all he needs for proof. you better go read the TSB on how the techs are instructed to take data and save it for denial of warranty claims on the ecoboost and 6.7 engines.

The consumer will have to spend thousands of dollars in court trying to prove to Ford that your tuner or other aftermarket part didn't cause the problem. How many average guys have the money to fight Ford in court over this? Cheaper to foot the repair bill.

Better go read the story of the 6.7 guy that modded his and ended up eating a huge repair bill. More to come, you have been warned.

If you have such faith in the Magnusson-Moss act, lets see you put a statement on your products that they will not void Fords warranty and you will stand behind your products with YOUR money if Ford denies a warranty claim.

Ford learned their lesson with the 6.0, it ain't gonna happen again. Now every service ticket sent in for repair to the diesels and the ecoboosts is went over with a fine tooth comb. If it's kicked back from Ford and not paid, then Mr. Customer has to pay cause the dealer sure the crap aint going too

Now if the customer wants to play, then he better be ready to have his warranty voided as it will happen. No more "hey lets revert back to stock" and take it in and get it fixed on Ford's dime". What you dummies don't realize is that when you screw Ford, you screw everybody- The shareholder, Ford employees, and all vehicle owners due to higher prices
Let's try this again.

Nothing has changed regarding warranties. They have always voided certain parts of the warranty if they knew the customer added anything aftermarket that caused the claim. What the Magnusson-Moss act provides the customer, is that the manufacturer can't void the warranty for false reasons. Which means they can't deny a claim on suspension work if you tune the engine, since the tune would have no affect on suspension.

What "you dummies" that are screaming "voided warranty" don't realize is, this isn't anything new. Ford has just got smart, and assured ways for them to prove that there has been mods added, that way they can void your warranty. And they have every right to do so.
The tsb is there to remind the techs to keep in mind to check for certain mods.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:02 PM

Received 482 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by Kitts
Let's try this again.

Nothing has changed regarding warranties. They have always voided certain parts of the warranty if they knew the customer added anything aftermarket that caused the claim. What the Magnusson-Moss act provides the customer, is that the manufacturer can't void the warranty for false reasons. Which means they can't deny a claim on suspension work if you tune the engine, since the tune would have no affect on suspension.

What "you dummies" that are screaming "voided warranty" don't realize is, this isn't anything new. Ford has just got smart, and assured ways for them to prove that there has been mods added, that way they can void your warranty. And they have every right to do so.
The tsb is there to remind the techs to keep in mind to check for certain mods.
no but they can void your entire powertrain for it. you wanna play, I have no problem with that, undoubtedly though, someone will play then whine when ford wont cover the repair...not saying it will be you but it will happen.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks.

really dude??? if ur sooo worried about ur warranty dont even open these posts.. we all got it... everyone knows if u mod your vehicle, there is a possibility of voiding your warranty..

i really cant stand everyone and their closed minds... So what about our 50k trucks... how about the people and there 80k Z06's.. pretty sure chevy said there wasnt anymore power to get out of the motor and if someone attempted they would void their warranties.. well now there are 900hp vets...
" and i for one" will be getting everything i can out of this motor.. even if it voids my warranty.
i know what im doing to the motor and wont put the blame on someone else for what i am doing..

Quick Reply: pickuptrucks.com ecoboost article