Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

P013A 800 miles after new exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 09:51 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default P013A 800 miles after new exhaust

Hey guys,

Just trying to see if someone else has encountered this already. Couldn't find anything in a search. I have SOLO Catted DP with SWorks chambered exhaust. Had it on for about 800 miles now and just got a P013A CEL. I had read everywhere that with the O2 extenders that are provided with the DP that you wouldn't need to worry about CEL's out of the exhaust. CEL came on during heavy rain(felt like it was missing under light throttle so I assumed it had to do with that), and went away the next day, but came back again today(the following day) and it was beautiful out and 80 (no humidity). Hopefully someone with a little experience with this issue will be able to help out. If I just got a tune will it make this not happen any longer? Wouldn't mind doing that if it will fix it.
Old 04-13-2014, 10:19 PM
F150 Forum

Received 37 Likes on 11 Posts

P013A - Generic
Type Powertrain - Fuel and Air Metering - ISO/SAE Controlled
Description
O2 Sensor Slow Response - Rich to Lean
Location Bank 1 Sensor 2

You will need to check the wiring and make sure that nothing is rubbing on the exhaust. I have had to fix a couple of these because the wires were melted onto the exhaust and the O2 sensor could not respond. A tune will not fix this issue, but let me know when you get it sorted and I will be glad to fix you up.

Let me know if you need anything else.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:41 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Snow finally melted off and I was able to get under the truck. There is no visable heat damage to the wiring. It was tucked up and away pretty well. So Im lost to anything else that might cause this unless its just due to the Solo (catted)DP and the computer is just not liking the different cats after a while?
Old 04-17-2014, 10:12 AM
F150 Forum

Received 37 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by killerrudy
Snow finally melted off and I was able to get under the truck. There is no visable heat damage to the wiring. It was tucked up and away pretty well. So Im lost to anything else that might cause this unless its just due to the Solo (catted)DP and the computer is just not liking the different cats after a while?

If the wiring is not burned, then your O2 extenders are bad, get a new set and you will be good to go...

Quick Reply: P013A 800 miles after new exhaust