Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

odd problem..2013 Fx4 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 03:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default odd problem..2013 Fx4 5.0

Ive noticed a few times when going in 2nd gear wide open to pass a car or merge before the shift into 3rd the traction control light comes on and I have to lift the gas or wait for it to stop blinking..

Its extremly annoying. My 2011 XLT did not do this. and the 2011 felt ALOT more powerful. both 5.0's

any clues or heard of this?
Old 05-06-2013, 03:50 AM
F150 Greenhorn

Received 109 Likes on 93 Posts

That's disturbing. I'd get it into the dealership ASAP!
Old 05-06-2013, 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by jerparker1
That's disturbing. I'd get it into the dealership ASAP!
I wish I had a go pro.. My Note 2 is a huge phone to be holding one handed and flying down the road lol

But its like from 40 punch it to pass and soon as the wheel turns left to go around the light kicks on and you have to let off and than get back on...

soon as the light clears she pulls like a freight train again.. Like a turbo..

the trac light just kills all power for sure, I think it has done it 5 times in 3400miles
Old 05-06-2013, 04:01 AM

ahh seems he has same problem

Originally Posted by mechanicboy
So the deal said it was a P0297- Vehicle over speed condition. They said their computer gave them extra details basically it tripped the traction control/stability control because it sensed that i was going to exceed the limits of the truck and lose control. I argued for a little bit but to no avail. They removed the code and didn't reflash telling me it had the lasted version.

So I figured out how to get it do this. If I'm under WOT and is going around 65(give or take) and hit even the tiniest bump or turn the wheel just a little bit it will trip it everytime. I was able to do it 4 times back to back. It's ridiculously sensitive! If I turn on tow/haul mode it does the same thing. If I turn off traction control and stability control it won't do it anymore. So everytime I have to pass at WOT I'm going to have to remember to turn off traction/stability control so I can pass safely.

I'll be honest, this makes me very unhappy with the truck.
Originally Posted by mechanicboy
It did it again today and this time I looked down at the speedo to see the speed and it happened right at 65 after the 2-3 shift and the traction control light was blinking. Once the light stopped blinking It had full power again so I think it's the traction control applying the brakes like that one tsb said. I floored it going just a hair under 50 then once it kicked it it rocketed to 90. If it hadn't had slowed down I wouldn't have needed to had gone that fast to pass so I'm calling this a safety issue.
I made an appointment at the dealership to get it looked at tomorrow. They agreed that it was a safety issue so they seem like they aren't wasting any time. I would like them to reprogram the transmission and engine computers to the newest version, is there anything I should say to them to get that down or should the traction control thing cause them to update them anyway?

Quick Reply: odd problem..2013 Fx4 5.0