Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

New Member ECO owner

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 12:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member ECO owner

High all, new member here.

Purchased a XLT ECO 4x4, 3.55 LS, Screw, Sterling Gray in Feb. The F150 forum came up a lot while I was doing research for buying my truck.

Love the truck, it is working out well. No suprises or concerns yet.

Currenly have 2800 miles on it and plan on keeping the truck for 100K plus or 6 plus years.

Current fuel consumption is 17-18 city 20-22 highway. Average on drive to and from work is 19 to 20 MPG. Daily comute is about 70% highway, 30% city. Have noticed that the MPG at 80mph for extended time is about 17 mpg, 65mph will yeild about 21 - 22 mpg.

Likes of the truck thus far:
- Good city milage IMO
- Rear seat room, more leg room than just about any car or suv.
- Options for price w/ XLT, went with the Chrome package

Dislikes:
- Lack of storage in 40-20-40 middle seat console
- Windshield washer fluid button, hard to push
- Blinker, took a while to figure these out as that are not the same as every other vehicle. The on/off and 3 blink lane change is different. Kind of like the way that they work now.

All in all i like the truck and don't regret the purchase at all.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you like it. My commute will be similar to yours, and those numbers will make me smile. I get back to the states next week and hoping the truck I ordered gets there soon!
Old 04-27-2011, 11:27 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Welcome! Also glad to hear ya like the truck. I'm loving my new EB as well!
Old 04-28-2011, 12:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SwampH2O
High all, new member here.

Purchased a XLT ECO 4x4, 3.55 LS, Screw, Sterling Gray in Feb. The F150 forum came up a lot while I was doing research for buying my truck.

Love the truck, it is working out well. No suprises or concerns yet.

Currenly have 2800 miles on it and plan on keeping the truck for 100K plus or 6 plus years.

Current fuel consumption is 17-18 city 20-22 highway. Average on drive to and from work is 19 to 20 MPG. Daily comute is about 70% highway, 30% city. Have noticed that the MPG at 80mph for extended time is about 17 mpg, 65mph will yeild about 21 - 22 mpg.

Likes of the truck thus far:
- Good city milage IMO
- Rear seat room, more leg room than just about any car or suv.
- Options for price w/ XLT, went with the Chrome package

Dislikes:
- Lack of storage in 40-20-40 middle seat console
- Windshield washer fluid button, hard to push
- Blinker, took a while to figure these out as that are not the same as every other vehicle. The on/off and 3 blink lane change is different. Kind of like the way that they work now.

All in all i like the truck and don't regret the purchase at all.

Yeah its hard to barely touch the blinker thing just to get 3 blinks for a lane change at first. Its cool now that I have figured it out. I just figured out that if you hit the plus +/- for manual shift while in auto that you can see what gear your transmission is in while driving in auto in the 4.2 inch screen.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:48 AM

Received 65 Likes on 42 Posts

Welcome to the forum! My truck (if it ever gets here) is just like yours except I opted for the 3.73 LS and Max Tow pkg. Excellent color choice BTW

Quick Reply: New Member ECO owner