Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Need Guidance - Livernois(Vortech) Intercooler install new pipes to small?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2016, 02:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Guidance - Livernois(Vortech) Intercooler install new pipes to small?

Hey all - I'm installing a stage 3 kit from Livernois and the two pipes that come with the kit seem about 1mm to small to fit over the existing intercooler piping in the truck(2012 Lariat Crew)

Every thread I've searched and video I've watched makes this step of the install process as easy as "slip on the connectors to the factory tubes"

I've tried heating them up in the sun, tried lubing them up with soap, nothing.

I finally pulled the new intercooler out and removed the claps and, after much force, was able to get the two connectors on to the pipes. Trouble is I can't get the brackets back on.

I put the intercooler back in place with the connections already up there(figuring I could figure out the clamps after the fact) but the hoses don't reach the two connections on the intercooler now?

The factory pipes have about 1.5-2" t=almost threaded section on them. If I only go about halfway up that I could probably squeeze the other end on to the connections on the intercooler but that doesn't seem like the best idea.

Anyone else struggle installing their hose connections? Any tips or guidance?

And lastly, anyone in the southern mass area want to make some cash and get these two damn hoses on for me?!

Old 08-08-2016, 12:10 PM
F150 Forum

Received 546 Likes on 334 Posts

PM Sent!

Quick Reply: Need Guidance - Livernois(Vortech) Intercooler install new pipes to small?