Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

My new Ecoboost rocks

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 04:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new Ecoboost rocks

I picked up my new 2011 tuxedo black F 150 xlt last Wednesday, max tow, 6.5 ' bed, chrome package, xlt conv., sync. For those of you on the fence, let me tell you this truck absolutely rocks! I traded an 08 F 250 6.5 diesel and could not be happier. I got $3225 total in rebates and 1.9% from Ford credit for 72 mo. Overall, I lowered my monthly payment, now $470, and will reduce my fuel cost significantly and can still tow 11,300 lbs! I have a 28.5 ft cuddy cabin boat that I estimate weighs around 9000 lbs including the triple axle trailer. Am anxious to see how she tows the boat.
Like others have said, the power is great and fun! From low rpm all the way up GREAT power band (diesel like). My mileage so far is hovering around 13 mpg according to onboard computer and that is in town and having fun withe this beast of an engine! I anticipate the mps will continue to improve as the truck breaks in more. The interior is superb, quiet, and refined. So far I have weather tech floor liners in will be putting on window visors, HBS level kit and bigger tires down the road. On order, Backflip F1 with tool box.
Seriously, every time I fire this little bad girl up I have a big grin on my face! Good bye diesel, hello Ecoboost!!!
Attached Thumbnails My new Ecoboost rocks-image-437589336.jpg  
Old 03-26-2011, 05:12 PM

Very nice man congrats on the new truck! I to love my new F150 I'm a V8 guy so I went with the 6.2 but that EB is a great motor as well! You know it's funny you mentioned how quiet it is, when I'm on the interstate the truck feels like it hovering above the road, and I feel like I'm wearing ear plugs!
Old 03-26-2011, 05:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Congrats on the new Eco boost! I am probably going to get one this summer.
Have you inspected the intercooler opening on the front to see how it will do off road. I was just wondering before I bought one how it would work off road with mud and such having an opportunity to fly in there; I haven't had a chance to look at one up close yet. Also there have been a few post on this forum about rust under the trucks, could you please ease my mind and tell me you see no rust underneath your truck or at least nothing out of the norm. Thanks
Old 03-26-2011, 05:33 PM

Default no rust

I have not seen any rust. Also, for the intercooler opening I just ordered one of these to protect it. Thanks for all the good members on this sight for you insight and help.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD-...Q5fAccessories
Old 03-26-2011, 07:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Thanks

Thanks for your response, I feel alot better hearing someone who just bought an F 150 have such high praises; I can now go back to pursuing my dream truck.
I want to get a lariat, screw, 4x4, ecoboost, captains chairs, off road pack, and maybe towing pack, probably sterling gray w/ black leather.

Do you think the billet grill cover will restrict air flow to the intercooler in any significant amount, also be sure that putting that in doesn't void the warranty; I doubt that it does but just thought I would mention that.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:51 PM

Default intercooler air restriction

I hope it does not restrict too much air. Can anyone else chime in on this? If it were restricting too much air what would be an indicator or symtom?
Old 03-26-2011, 08:56 PM

Congrats just picked up my Tux black plat and had a G2 Bak flip cover put on today. running in heaven.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:46 PM

ask the dealer to install it. Talked to my local guy today and the dealers are worried about the opening as well. I am sure they too are looking for options to keep the customers happy

Quick Reply: My new Ecoboost rocks